Model Cars Magazine Forum

Folgers Thunderbird Finished Pics 12-24-16

madhorseman

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That looks great!

What decals did you use? What paint? And lastly, can you give some tips on the chassis? I've got a Hooters Underbird on my bench right now and I had a terrible time getting the chassis together. Yours looks so much cleaner than mine.

Hello there, I'm not sure which kit You are using? What I used was a Monogram Nascar Thunderbird kit. The reason I say this is because I had  problems with an AMT Thunderbird kit.

The decals used are Power Slide and paint is Dupli Color Ford Toreador Red. Hope this helps.

That looks great!

What decals did you use? What paint? And lastly, can you give some tips on the chassis? I've got a Hooters Underbird on my bench right now and I had a terrible time getting the chassis together. Yours looks so much cleaner than mine.

Hello there, I'm not sure which kit You are using? What I used was a Monogram Nascar Thunderbird kit. The reason I say this is because I had  problems with an AMT Thunderbird kit.

The decals used are Power Slide and paint is Dupli Color Ford Toreador Red. Hope this helps.

I meant what kinds of building techniques did you use on the chassis?

I'm using a Revell for my Hooters car and I had trouble. But it's not the fault of the kit, it's the fault of the builder.

Coincidentally Steve, I had built this chassis for a AK Hooters Thunderbird!

Anyway, I am by no means an expert. First I sprayed painted mine with Testor Nascar colors chassis grey, before removing any parts off the trees. Using CA fast drying glue helps, test fitting before gluing, then carefully joining parts together. Practice always helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Testors kiln red metallic  works for this car also

When I built my Mark Martin Folgers car I believe the actual car color was Ford Wild Strawberry. I read an article way back then and I believe the car was painter that color.