Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Now in "Under Glass" Section-09/16

mustang1989

Well after about two months of working with the engine......I think I've got the base assy completed. I still have to add the radiator hoses and clamps, the throttle linkage from the firewall to the engine and an engine oil dipstick but I'm going to call this part done.

The 427c.i.d. Dual Quad Chevrolet Rat Motor:

Now that the engine's almost completed except for a few peripheral nick nacks I test fitted it once more on the rolling chassis:

and then test fitted the body with the interior tub just to make sure we don't have any interference issues.....

Fits perfectly:

Overall look so far is right in line with what I envisioned:

Don't forget the water bypass hose that goes from the boss on the top center of the water pump to the front center of the intake, it's the same size as heater hose and is very easy to make with a piece of insulated wire bent in a 90 degree angle.

I am going to use seats from an AMT 1988 Mustang kit that I just recently acquired since it has two sets in the box. I'll also be using the center console out of it as well.
First off the seats sat too low for me.

So I managed to snake a small Lego to use as a platform:

Seat is right where I want it in regards to height after sanding the towers of the Lego down a bit:

So with that.....let's add some carpet to the equation:

Movin' on with the interior. I black based both of the seats and the console and will be painting the seats what will end up being a dark red color and the console will be gloss black.

The shifter in the console was for an automatic so I sanded the PRNDL and the raised portion down from that area and will be installing a shifter boot from another kit and will be using a bobby pin as a shifter lever/ stick that has a black head/ ball on it. I formed it back towards the drivers seat in an "S" curve. I just didn't like the straight stick. After smoothing out the ball I've already got the white dot on it and have a small syringe standing by so I can put the "8" in the center of it. I couldn't NOT put an "8 ball" atop the stick you know. ;)

More coming on that shifter.....................soon.