Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Now in "Under Glass" Section-09/16

mustang1989

Joe awesome start to the interior. Putting some Ford parts in a Chevy way to go!!!!

I just couldn't help myself! lol. Thanks Carl!

Dave: Thanks buddy! :D

Ok folks it's update time again. I've been refraining from posting too many updates just because I wasn't spending enough time at the work bench due to snapping photos and posting all the time. I've till gotta install the seat belts/buckles, the steering wheel and some accessories here and there but I'm getting there..........

I'm probably going to be sliding that drivers seat forward a bit. Looks a little too far away now that I look at it from this angle in pictures.

Edited by mustang1989

Thanks James!

I ended up painting two black dots in the middle of the white dot on the shifter ball and then I painted a white dot inside of each black dot to make that 8.

Here's the 8 ball shifter so far:

and then with the shifter boot:

Nice job on the shifter.. one tip...  You can find numbers the right size on kit decal sheets.  They're the decal numbers from the instruction sheet that identify each decal.

Thanks Gino, Tom, Marcelo, Rob and Richard.

Tom: I did look and I didn't have any "8" s that small. I see myself doing another one at some point in the future so I might acquire a decal sheet that does have one on it. Thanks buddy.

Rich: I just couldn't help myself. lol

Thanks Gino, Tom, Marcelo, Rob and Richard.

Tom: I did look and I didn't have any "8" s that small. I see myself doing another one at some point in the future so I might acquire a decal sheet that does have one on it. Thanks buddy.

Rich: I just couldn't help myself. lol

go to the train section in your local hobby shop, or the model airplane section and find some small decals of the proper size, you can also find some tiny decals that can pass for underhood informational decals, they little decals have such small writing  the only way anyone will know what they say is if they carry a super magnifying glass.

Edited by horsepower

Well thank you for the resource there Mark! Turns out that the folks that offer the body also offer a promo style chassis to go with it as I found out. Just gotta save a little $$ to obtain those items. I've already got the cowl induction scoop located. What's funny is that before I saw all this I had bought this months Super Chevy magazine which had this on the cover:

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.discountmags.com%2Fshop

Coincidence? I think NOT! :D

How about the MPC/AMT  '86 El Camino that was recently reissued?

Great work on a really crappy kit, I like what you've done with it. Your engine detail is great, love the carb linkage. I have built this kit a couple times, both as OOB, total junk. I ended up just glueing the hood shut. 

Man thanks Lloyd! You've got that right about the quality of the kit. I bought all of these old Street Demons kits knowing that fact and am in the process of revamping them. It takes a lot of work but they turn out fairly nice if a little ..................er ALOT  of TLC is given to them. lol

I haven't really been on this one as much as I'd like lately due to a new phase of my wife's brain aneurism recovery. Overall she is doing very well but has been up between the hours of 2-5 a.m. (which puts it right in the sweet spot of my usual bench time of 4-5a.m.) with leg pains. Priorities are in order and I tend to her to help her through this time.

I'd like to extend some appreciation to Mr. Greg Pugh for the inspiration for this build. I was going to tackle this car any way but I was going to go with the gasser look originally. After seeing his I couldn't help but to slam mine as well. Although I wont be going to the masterful lengths that he is with his '54, I am going further than I thought I would with mine. Thanks Greg and for all who peek in and encourage me along here.

Sorry to hear about your wife and that is obviously more important than anything else..  Hopefully recovery will be speedy and less painful as time goes on..  As for the model I am blown away by some of you guys and your talents..  I have a lot of practicing to do to even hope to be in the same league one day..  Wow..

Thanks Darrell and Lloyd. Things have been a little better in regards to resting through the night. We went to a Def Leppard concert Thursday night and she handled that ok. We took our 12 year old son and we all had a good time. Styx and Tesla were there as well and did a great job but Def Leppard really rocked the house!

Well I spent dang near an hour at the bench over the weekend to work on the interior a little more. It was enough to get the seat belts assembled and finished..........

Edited by mustang1989

Thanks Dave , Richard and Carl!

I'm going to try to make some sort of progress on this jewel tomorrow morning. A couple of days ago I spent the morning doing repairs. One of the headers broke off  of the motor, the dang gas pedal came unglued and the R/H rear wheel started moving on the axle. Got all that fixed. Hopefully I can squeak some bench time in.

Thanks for the good word in regards to my wife Carl. Some days are good and some are bad. It's all part of the recovery though and overall she's doing great so far.

Ok fellas. Finally some worthwhile benchtime this morning. I managed to modify the OOB rear flooring to fit around the wheel tubs in the back and mate up to the original front floor section almost perfectly. I shot primer, then the red coat and then flocked it after the red had dried. So far so good. The wheel tub coloring / flocking is up next.

From here:

To here: