Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Now in "Under Glass" Section-09/16

mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've had any kind of an update here. Just tryin' to spend more time buildin' and less time postin' ! lol

I've got the front and rear suspensions set up.....finally!!! All the tires are test fitted into place. I have to order some replacement front tires. I trimmed 'em a little too much on the inner ring so the rim would fit properly.........dangit!

002_zpsnidxhy9l.jpg

A little closer in there to show the front springs and the brake calipers that I robbed from a Dodge Viper kit.

003_zpsdubq36ub.jpg

I did a skeleton assembly of this kit the way it's supposed to look OOB. Good greif................icon_bagoverhead_zpstqxnewb9.gif

004_zpsue2z5xcz.jpg

another view..........

008_zps5feiuhjb.jpg

A recap photo to show the difference......

006_zpsrjueynlu.jpg

Then the direct comparison shots....

Man am I ever glad I changed it up......Jeez!!

005_zpsp9fiaxjr.jpg

007_zpsw0zakzbg.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

Got the carburetors underway. I used some throttle linkage from my Model Car Garage linkage PE set for the the throttle pivot lever and needles for the fuel inlet lines. I'll end up cutting the pointed portion of the "lines" off and routing fuel lines to them. I've got to finish the distributor and mount it into place with the ignition wires before I start on the rest of the throttle linkage but here's the start of that.

• 3 weeks later...
Just to show that I am still making progress on this bad boy. The wire looms/ retainers were a real PIA only in the fact that the holes were too dang small. I had to drill each hole out to .024" to be able to run the wires through them. The two hole looms were a nightmare to insert the second wire through due to the fact that they flopped all over the place. A friend of mine (Mopar D) gave me the trick of leaving them on the PE fret and installing them over the wires that way but during the drilling process they came off of the fret! oh_jeez-1018_zpskf8ctjic.gif

Anyways here the engine is with the wires mostly ran. I've got the spark plug boots slipped onto the wires and painted and all the wire looms in place. Now for final routing and wire insertion into the cylinder heads. I've got the ignition coil all painted up as well and ready to go.

001_zps08cy1tc6.jpg

I got the plug wires inserted into the cylinder heads over the period of a couple of days. Part of the problem was the routing but I got it down I think.
I also adhered the manifold to the engine. I ended up using a dab of GM sealer at the ends of the intake manifold just like I do in real life when I install an intake. Who needs those stupid end seals??!! Just install the runner gaskets and run a bead of GMS along the "China Walls" and plop 'er down!!