Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Now in "Under Glass" Section-09/16

mustang1989

As some of you know I picked this kit up a few months back and was thinking of doing this one in typical "Gasser" fashion with the nose up in the air............

but lately I've had something else in mind.

Different set of wheels and tires and a more wild stance............... :hmm:

Yeah...........I think I'm gonna move forward with this one............

Edited by mustang1989

Joe, I'll be watching this one, I've built this kit many times as a young glue-bomber, and never once did it come out well...but the M-80's took care of any evidence! 

The new stance is much, much better than the Gasser look, (Just my opinion), any other wild ideas in store for this baby?

Thanks gino, Ben, Mike, Steve and Carl!

Ben: Those are some wild wheels! Which boxing is yours from?

Mike: I've got a few engines for this one but right now I'm considering a big block setup.

Steve: Pro-street

Most current release with the Army theme on the box

Ben: That's the one I thought you were working with.

Mark: This.........I've gotta see.:D

I saw not too long ago where somebody was doing a number on one of these in regards to correcting the firewall/ hood hinge area and correcting the headlamp fit and all that. I can't seem to find the thread but there was a lot of useful info in it.

Edited by mustang1989

Thanks Greg and Richard!

This morning I got up ready to go on this one with suspension layout. The OOB frame just aint going to get it as it will leave the vehicle sitting too high.

So I'll be using the frame and suspension components from this rascal right here to correct that.............

As it looks right now I'll have to cut the center of the Nova chassis out as noted by the areas shaded in black and then cut the '54 flooring at the demarcation line drawn in white. I'm going to have to lengthen the Nova frame by about a 1/4" in the front and shave off about 1/8" at the rear to make all of this work.

Looks like we're rolling...... :dancing:

I saw not too long ago where somebody was doing a number on one of these in regards to correcting the firewall/ hood hinge area and correcting the headlamp fit and all that. I can't seem to find the thread but there was a lot of useful info in it.

I can send a photo of where its at right now to your e-mail address...?

I too had that issue with the front lights. I measured them with a caliper and drilled out the holes to the diameter of the lenses.

Jason: It's all good dude! I do like the gasser look but I started on a crusade earlier this year paying tribute to the Street Demons line up in a different fashion. Thanks for the link to that build!! :D

Dave: Thanks bud! I built this kit a long time ago (34 years) when it came out.  I didn't do it any justice back then but I had a lot of fun with it. I'm hoping to redeem myself with this build. lol

I started out with the engine build like I always do on an automotive build. I primed with black on this one and shot the coat of paint like always but this time instead of adding a light wash I shot it with a gloss coat. To compliment the shiny paint job I thought I'd depart from the norm again and dress this one up with some chrome. I'm giving thought to dunking the chrome rocker covers in a dip of future and Tamiya smoke mixed together to give it that extra shine as well as to preserve the chrome. It's a big block and doesn't say which one it is so I'll assume this is a 396.

Here's the mock up: