Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Cameo Pro Touring build UPDATE 2-23-16

Looking good. :D

That rolling chassis looks great, and the stance is perfect i think, even looks great in the silver base coat.

Looking really good. 

Looking great Scott...great scott hehehe

Can't wait till you dip that in the orange !!

Cheers

thanks a lot guys!! Finally got the body done this weekend!

Well I finally got the body sprayed in the clear orange. It was a battle to the end though. Ran out of the ts 73 spray. So I had to try my hand at spraying the clear orange on with my new airbrush. After screwing up my hood, I figured out how to do it. All is done minus the hood now. It has to be stripped and redone with a base then top color coat.

As you can tell, the light really has an effect on the color from all different angles.

2016-02-07 23.17.50.jpg

2016-02-07 23.17.28.jpg

Edited by lghtngyello03

WOW !!!

That color really pops...Nice choice Scott

Cheers

Thanks Bruce!

The color goes really good with the wheels,looks great.  

Was the base also Tamiya TS? Wonder how it would work with clear blue. 

Tommy,  Yes the base was also a TS Spray, TS76 Mica Silver. The metallic under the clear orange is what gives it its depth.

I would assume it would work just as well with clear blue too.

This color is for my next project. I laid a Mica Silver base for a TS51 Racing Blue, not a transparent color, and it made even it have more depth. Sorry for the bad pic, but you get the idea....left one is just TS51 over Tamiya White primer. Right one is TS51 over TS76 mica silver. Way more pop to the color.

2016-02-08 10.33.31.jpg

Edited by lghtngyello03

Beautiful color, and it looks like you've done a first-rate job applying it. Also looks like I'll be having to try that TS76. Nice fine-grain metallic.:D

Thanks Bill. Not bad for my first airbrush job huh? :D  That TS76 is awesome. Only silver metallic that seems to be correctly scaled with the metallic. Here it is on my RX-7 that I did as well for reference.

2016-01-12 21.33.07.jpg

2016-01-12 21.33.28.jpg