Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. Entry 84" CLASSIC XL TOP CHOP

First off, I want to wish all my fellow entrants the best of luck. May the Styrene Gods smile on us all.

Second, there are some terrific ideas thrown in the ring. I cannot wait to see where all these builds go.

For my entry, I am going with the Italeri FLD120, and some resin that is in need of some serious reworking, to make something along these lines. This is the truck that is my inspiration. I will post pictures of the building blocks this weekend. I need to find my memory card. If you could see my work bench, you would understand. Here is the picture that set my course.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w491/mbotzki/image_zpspgnb4h0f.jpeg

Not crazy about the graphics, but the black is here to stay. Will work up a different set of graphics for go round.

image.jpeg

Edited by purepmd

Here are a couple of pictures of what I have managed to bet done so far. I got a bunch of Freightliner resin parts off of ebay a few years ago. They were pretty rough, and I never intended to use them. Along comes the B.R.B.O, and I finally have a use for some of them. In the side by side pic, you can see the before and after, so to speak. Just about everything was wrong, the grille height, the taper of the hood, the fenders, the blister on the top, and headlights. I also found out, that used fabric softener dryer sheets make great matting to reinforce super glue just like the matting used for fiberglass. Makes it very strong. With lots of sheet styrene, super glue and mat, and sand paper galore, these are the changes so far.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my pics, and thanks to Clayton for getting this going, it has been a lot of fun already.

100_0981.thumb.JPG.d1117b4ae9533b6911c08

100_0981.JPG

100_0993.JPG

100_0986.JPG

Edited by purepmd

• 1 month later...