Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO - International Prostar

Don´t know if it is still in question but the orientation of the oil pan depends on front axle position. If it is set forward (SFFA) the oil pan lower part must be closer to the bell, like in your picture of the model engine. If the axle is set back (SBFA) then the oil pan must be backwards, like in the picture of the real engine. Otherwise the oil pan would get in collision with the front axle.

Nice progress on your build.

That makes sense. Never thought about how the axle position on the 1:1 would affect the engine. :)

Not much progress lately. Engine is mostly together. Just a few more pieces. Then it's time for weathering and additional wiring and detail work. 

Got some work done on my VW kit, so here's another size comparo pic of the engine. Maxxforce vs 16V.

WP_20160306_113.jpg

looking good neighbour to the north! I have this kit in progress as well (building a CF replica for my brother that manages the CF in Kelowna). It will be pulling two of the trailers you are building. I put a hold on the project as I see the Volvo kit looks like it is being re released and this is the trucks they use most so will probably switch to the truck for the project.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new to report, just wanted to update though. 

On a side note, thanks to all of you truck people, now I'm noticing and rubbernecking at trucks when I'm roadtripping, and now I feel like I need more truck kits. :blink:

x2

I'm glad it isn't just me doing that Dan. :rolleyes:

Since I have started this build I have added 3 truck kits and a auto carrier trailer to my collection.

Rob

Not much to show right now. Did some more work last night. Painting all of those tiny pieces, getting another small step closer to finishing the engine.

I'm almost done with the engine and chassis, then I can start trying my hand at weathering it slightly. I'm not going for an old truck vibe, I want it to stay looking like a "new" truck.

WP_20160324_014.jpg

WP_20160324_013.jpg

WP_20160324_012.jpg

Plus 20 degrees Celcius here today! So finally got out into the garage to lay some paint on the body.

Had a good look at the Moebius 53ft Reefer trailer that will be hooked up to this. Not sure how I'm going to open the back doors. Has anyone tried this on a kit? Any thoughts?

Working on plumbing lines right now.  Trying to find pics of a 1:1 chassis or brake set up has been a challenge. Might have to stop by a dealership and take a few pics.

Got the body painted, really happy with how it turned out. Shouldn't need much polishing at all. Have to detail paint first though, then add clear.

More pics soon.

:)