Model Cars Magazine Forum

EUROPA CLUB RACER

Brianl

Always nice to move out of the Workshop & into the glassy bit

I wanted to do another club racer & I wanted to do a camo paint job & something as typically British as the Europa seemed the go.

Body & chassis are by Tamiya & the power plant, transmission & wheels are Indy car. I did the guards in evergreen sheet & scrap bits. Only sad bit was the decals. It has been a long time since I have built aircraft & the decals left over were pretty old. Close enough though.

Brian

[U

Tony

You are right! The exhausts are too long. I originally planned to mount the wing off the back of the gear box as per the Indy car setup with the exhaust exiting between two vertical fins but the wing took away the look of the rear body work so I went for something smaller. Unfortunately it would have meant major surgery to shorten the exhaust pipe at that stage so what you see is what you get!!

Thanks for the good words

Brian

Tony

You are right! The exhausts are too long. I originally planned to mount the wing off the back of the gear box as per the Indy car setup with the exhaust exiting between two vertical fins but the wing took away the look of the rear body work so I went for something smaller. Unfortunately it would have meant major surgery to shorten the exhaust pipe at that stage so what you see is what you get!!

Thanks for the good words

Brian

Understood. Still looks amazing.