Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reference help - Ford F5 pu to F8 Big Job

A  few years  ago  I saved an old SA article on conversion of the 1950 Ford  F5 pickup to an  F8 Big  Job tractor.  I have searched  all  my reference  material and cannot locate it.  I was wondering if  anyone would have a  link to this article. Any help would be  appreciated !!

Thanks

Rick

The Dencon resins F8 was very nice. Somebody other than Matt mastered it, but I haven't seen any of it reappear from another caster which is too bad because there was a whole series of bits and bobs done for an F7 / F8 beyond the fenders. He did a sleeper cab, 337 cid Flathead, axles, springs, fuel tanks etc.

Only the F7 (2 1/2 ton) and F8 (3 ton) had the wide fenders. F1 (1/2 ton) through F6 (2 ton) mostly shared the same sheet metal, the fenders were the same width, just having larger wheel wells to fit bigger tires / wheels. It is a fairly simple job to cut away and reshape the wheel arches on the F1 kit to fit 20" wheels (for an F5 or F6).