Model Cars Magazine Forum

Couple 60's Mopar kit questions

I inherited a bunch of old models & parts a few years ago & since I am not a Mopar guy, I have some questions about a
couple models. First is the white 1965 Dodge Coronet 500. It appears to be missing the stock front grill,bumper & some trim
 between the rear taillights. It has a screw chassis & I do believe it to be an old AMT kit. Is there any kit that I can steal the
missing parts from?

The second kit is a 1964 Plymouth Fury 440. Not sure if it's an AMT or maybe JoHan kit. It has a broken rear bumper & I will be needing a replacement.

Found the hood scoop in the parts. Would it go with either of these Mopars?

Last is the old screw chassis. Any idea what kit it might be from? Thanks for any help. Brad

krowbar 005.JPG

krowbar 006.JPG

krowbar 008.JPG

krowbar 001.JPG

krowbar 002.JPG

krowbar 004.JPG

krowbar 009.JPG

krowbar 010.JPG

The 65 could be the AMT Hemi Charger 3 in 1. As Mark said,the 64 Fury is Johan.  

If you want to get stock parts Modelhaus is one option,they should have everything you need

besides engines. These parts are resin,but of excellent quality,and most parts,if not all bumpers,

grills,ornaments etc are plated. . Another option is to look on Ebay for those who part out original kits,there 

is a big chance of score original styrene parts pretty cheap depending on subject. 

The 65 could be the AMT Hemi Charger 3 in 1. As Mark said,the 64 Fury is Johan.  

If you want to get stock parts Modelhaus is one option,they should have everything you need

besides engines. These parts are resin,but of excellent quality,and most parts,if not all bumpers,

grills,ornaments etc are plated. . Another option is to look on Ebay for those who part out original kits,there 

is a big chance of score original styrene parts pretty cheap depending on subject. 

I looked on Ebay & the 65 is in fact the AMT kit.

amt.jpg

I'll have to look around and see if I still have it. But I used to have a stock grille for the AMT 65 Dodge. Almost positive I still have the hood with the blower opening in it ,,,

I might even have an extra rear bumper for the '64 Plymouth

Chassis looks like it might be from the 1967 thru 1969 Plymouth Barracuda annual

I am using Modelhaus replacement parts on my '64 Fury Project.

I am using the front and rear bumpers, as well as the interior tub, which is correct for the car, even though they are promo bases. The Lindberg '64 Belvedere Hardtop is also a good source for chassis parts. I am using the chassis parts from the AMT 1969 GTX, as the wheelbase is the same on both cars, and provides a higher level of detail.

Since these pictures have been taken, I have done quite a bit of work to get everything to fit as if it came from one kit.