Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barnes & Noble and MCM

I had a huge increase in the order for the newsstands, mostly Barnes & Noble.

I wanted to enlist our band or bookworms, who visit this ancient and antiquated places (heh, no laugh Kelly and I still spend at least two hours there every time).

I want to see a couple of things.

When the mag gets there (it was shipped out they say already)

What stores have them, maybe ones that you know that didn't carry it before

And, any comments you may overhear there.

Also, if your favorite B&N doesn't carry MCM, see if you can have them request it.

That does work, and I know, salesmen....

Mahalo nui loa

• Gregg pinned this topic

I Hope I can check a regional one down here

However, it is 30 miles north, and right now

my car does NOT like to go 10 miles!!!!

And I Hate to drive at Speed.

The Left front brake rotor broke recently, so I only have 3 wheel brakes!!!!

And a radiator system leak somewhere.

Got to save to get it worked on, but Winter will cost More in Electricity!!!!!

Last time it was announced B&N was carrying MCM, I checked, That store got 1 or 2 issued and Dropped it!!!

I hope to subscribe anyway and SOON!!!

Subscriber here, but I agree with trying to get MCM into Books-A-Million.  BAM carries some pretty "niche" British modeling mags like Military Modeling and Military Model International. Along with That Other Magazine and the rest of the Kalmbach titles.  The closest BAM is about 25 miles away and I go there at least once a month for my magazine fix. 

I have terrible luck finding MCM in the Barnes & Nobles around here.  So far Polaris and Sawmill are the only stores I can consistently find them.  Nothing at Easton and Lennox.  I need to check Upper Arlington and Pickerington, but they're a little out of the way for me.

B&N here in Sacramento, Ca, carry it my nearest LHS does not stock it for certain reasons ? 

I have been buying mine at B&N for at least 3+ years now ?

The store in Arden Mall seems to have it "more frequently" than Citrus Heights does. It's too bad that neither RC Country or Hobby Town in Folsom carries either magazine. One reason to miss Riverside Hobbies, I guess.

The store in Arden Mall seems to have it "more frequently" than Citrus Heights does. It's too bad that neither RC Country or Hobby Town in Folsom carries either magazine. One reason to miss Riverside Hobbies, I guess.

Hey Good to hear from someone from Sac here on the MCM ?

I Still miss RiverSide Hobbies every time I go by there 

like to give you a Heads-Up we still have  our City Style Model Car Club meeting once a month Held on the. First Tuesday of each month at the Round Table Pizza next door to where River Side Hobbies was located 52 street and Folsom Blvd 

Just a bunch of us guys who get together with our models and talk shop been at the same location for years ?

So hey Buddy I would encourage you to come on down and meet some fellow Modellers ?

Have any questions feel free to contact me 

Don aka XJ6 ?

I live in Virginia Beach and I have never seen Model Cars in the magazine rack at B&N at either the town center or Lynnhaven Mall stores.

Our local HobbyTown DOES carry the magazine - but less then ten copies ( this is a guess) as you have to get it quick - the copies sell fast!

Edited by Frank Anderson
Addition - forgot to mention