Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barnes & Noble and MCM

my B&N is at least 35 miles from me. It's hit and miss. Golden Bell has has destroyed far to many copies with their handling procedures. With Greg 's announcement of a new Publisher I home that A digital version becomes available.

heh, I've won a few dollars with the lottery!!!

I should have been more clear and asked for the info my brain wanted, instead of typing so fast.

What I really needed, was to find out what/where Barnes & Noble stores have the magazine, that didn't have the mag before.

We had a huge increase in the number of mags requested by the distributor, and I was curious to see what areas of the country that they got into, from the guys walking the ground, not the reports.

The reports go by store numbers, and that's just too much work for me.... :-)

Thanks everyone!

Yes, I'm still late, still behind, and still getting caught up...

Oh yea, update 2

I am using Magzter.com for the digital versions, but I am trying to get it into Zinio, which I really like, and use, a lot more.

Magzter was easier to get into, but it's slow, pages load slow, and I'm not sure of their numbers.

Still working on having them available from the site (MCM) directly, but we have to find a way to control them.

We will have the back issues available through the site, the digital ones, that's easier to control, and that should be done soon.

email me if you have comments, suggestions, concerns.

I don't check the forum often, only when I get the notifications of people being bad, or small issues that pop up.

k den

Thanks, guys!

I hope they keep their order for the mag at this level, hopefully it will continue to get bigger and bigger.

Maybe one day I'll be able to get a salary, along with everyone else!!!!

It's getting there though. You wouldn't believe the amount of trees that are being killed with all this work. 

I'm going to have to get rid of a hobby build bench and put in some more filing cabinets.....

The B&N in my area sells MCM, but is REALLY late in putting new issues on the racks. I picked up their "newest" issue which was your November 2015 issue (#198). This also led me to subscribing, but this stinks as I want to send my son issues for his stay in Afghanistan. Thanks for your concern with this matter as it shows the quality and care for this periodical. By the way,  I miss living in Kauai...Mahalo nui loa!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a huge increase in the order for the newsstands, mostly Barnes & Noble.

I wanted to enlist our band or bookworms, who visit this ancient and antiquated places (heh, no laugh Kelly and I still spend at least two hours there every time).

I want to see a couple of things.

When the mag gets there (it was shipped out they say already)

What stores have them, maybe ones that you know that didn't carry it before

And, any comments you may overhear there.

Also, if your favorite B&N doesn't carry MCM, see if you can have them request it.

That does work, and I know, salesmen....

Mahalo nui loa

Hey Gregg can you try to get it in Books and More stores here in Ohio???

I have been by the local B&N about once a week. I ask if they have gotten or ordered the magazine each time and they always act as though I hadn't asked the week before. They have 7 model train magazines, 8 RC Car magazines and a whole lot of military magazines, but they can't seem to manage a model car magazine?