Model Cars Magazine Forum

General Lee Charger

Jay's Customs

This is the Dukes of Hazzard General Lee by MPC. I got it about a year ago and ended up finally starting on it and finishing it. There was lots of flash, meaning lots of sanding. The roll cage really didn't fit, so I ended up not putting it in. I didn't build it to be authentic to the real one though. I built it the way I would want to have it if I could build a real one when I grow up.

But anyway, here it is.

General_Lee_(1).thumb.JPG.6a1f48435a583aGeneral_Lee_(2).thumb.JPG.58444d855ebe9bGeneral_Lee_(3).thumb.JPG.6d23f2e6e95aaeGeneral_Lee_(4).thumb.JPG.3850675b4210baGeneral_Lee_(5).thumb.JPG.d49d74ecbc1a02General_Lee_(6).thumb.JPG.11fb9a7b2b300dGeneral_Lee_(7).thumb.JPG.5e54b92a4c9e51

With the light I used, the wires do look like they are kind of pinkish, but believe me, they are red.

Comments and criticisms are welcome. Thanks for looking!

Jay

• 4 weeks later...

Very nicely done!

BTW, what color did you paint the body?

Nice work Jay I love it. Yeah, what color and what kind of paint  ( who makes it ) because it is a perfect match for the General Lee. Keep up the great work and Thank you for sharing this with us.       Jeff 

Thanks guys! For the body I used this:

56bf334cdafaa_20160213_0830061.thumb.jpgI shot 2 coats of it and then sprayed 2 more coats of clear.

P.S. I could have told you what paint I used but it's easier for me to just show you.