Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O Pete 378

Finally got the kit for the build off! Been trying to find a 379 hood conversion  but haven't had any luck this evening I'll keep looking for a future build. This will be 378, now to find some colors.

Ive never built this kit but have other Italeri trucks is there anything big to watch out for.

Rich

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by cowboy rich
Confusing wording

Gary Wallace has a few different 379 conversions. You have to email him, he doesn't have a website.  GWTRUCKS@YAHOO.COM 

Great choice for the build off. Lookin forward to seeing what you do with it. I thought of building the just issued day cab 378. But decided on the FLC.

Edited by Petetrucker07

You could cheat this into a short hood 379. Basically scribe a line on the sides of the hood to resemble a multi piece, metal hood.

I'm going to go with 378, if had the parts already I would go 379 so now I just want the parts for future use, I should have worded that better after rereading it.

Rich

You really want to get confused...

When Pete came out with the clean air trucks in 07, they did away with the 378, 379 standard and extended hood.

They came up with the 388, which is the standard hood and the 389, the extended hood . All built out of aluminum panels. To eliminate the confusion of the model designations...

So now, you are correct with 388 being short, the 389 being extended.