Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Super Boss 2016

Bennyg

I'm thrilled this is coming out....but is it just me or are those tyres sporting some strange grooves in the sidewall and the lettering in completely the wrong place....?

Maybe when the tyres are fitted to the rims it will look more accurate. Still getting one anyway. 

I'm thrilled this is coming out....but is it just me or are those tyres sporting some strange grooves in the sidewall and the lettering in completely the wrong place....?

Maybe when the tyres are fitted to the rims it will look more accurate. Still getting one anyway. 

tires look spot on,to me!

BosstruckofAmerica3-vi.jpg

The grooves looks a little exaggerated but they look better than the old tires wich had totally smooth sidewalls except for the lettering.
The Bandag tires were retreads and how the sidewalls looks could depend on what core they used, I have seen several different versions for the Malone race trucks, he must have gone through many sets of tires over the years and they were most likely different from set to set. 

I miss one script on the decal sheet tho', I can't find the "Tyrone Malone Mr D.D.D." for the rear face of the small duck tail spoiler on the rear body work anywhere.

But I can't wait for the kit to come out.

has anyone heard or got a release date?  Round2's site said mid-May. Like lot of you guys, I've been waiting for these to get one at a normal price and not the skyhigh ones that they want on the auction sites.Gary

has anyone heard or got a release date?  Round2's site said mid-May. Like lot of you guys, I've been waiting for these to get one at a normal price and not the skyhigh ones that they want on the auction sites.Gary

I can't find the mid May info on their site. I only posted what was on the Facebook page. I've got plenty in the bench anyway. Will get it as soon as I can.

Ben

I can't wait for this kit.....Can't wait for that Papa truck, for sure.....Awesome.....I'll be keeping my eyes peeled......

Whooaa!!!! Tower Hobbies has a release date for late November for both trucks....Just put them on my wish list!!!!

Edited by kilrathy10

The Super Boss $36.99 is slated for release sometime in June.....And the Papa truck $34.99 for November.....

It may be time for a preorder.... ;)

X2!

X3!!!

Edited by highway

I feel sorry for those ebay bandits......I can't wait to get my hands on at least 4 of them, myself.....

I don't fell sorry. They've over priced junk at times. Probably not a bad idea as an investment in some ways, but there is a couple of super bosses on eBay for over $200 AUD, decals no good, body work ruined on one of them. 

I don't fell sorry. They've over priced junk at times. Probably not a bad idea as an investment in some ways, but there is a couple of super bosses on eBay for over $200 AUD, decals no good, body work ruined on one of them. 

Precisely....I'm with you......I meant that mostly out of sarcasm.....They've been getting away with that  kind of thing for too long.....I like to have extra kits for trade fodder, myself, but ebay prices are ridiculous, for sure..... :huh: Just like the Ford Louisville race car hauler, these reissues will all but shut tha kind of stuff, at least for these particular kits, down...... :D

Edited by kilrathy10

Precisely....I'm with you......I meant that mostly out of sarcasm.....They've been getting away with that  kind of thing for too long.....I like to have extra kits for trade fodder, myself, but ebay prices are ridiculous, for sure..... :huh: Just like the Ford Louisville race car hauler, these reissues will all but shut tha kind of stuff, at least for these particular kits, down...... :D

Fair enough. Pity text doesn't read sarcastically. Cheers

Ben