Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi from New York City

Hey everyone!  I'm Jim, I've been lurking on the board for quite some time and check in most days but I finally decided to start posting properly (my first build is here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/109732-red-barons-rod/ )

I've been more of a buyer than a builder to date to be honest, but I'm determined to finish some builds this new year and really get involved in the community.

Great to be here!

Step right on board, Jim! You're in a great area with many great model car shows happening around you. One of the best, "Model Car Challenge" hosted by the Long Island Auto Replica Society (LIARS), holds their annual event in Nassau County each November. And the BIGGEST of them all - "NNL East" - hosted by the Tri-State Model Car Club is held each April in Wayne, NJ.

Check out these websites for starters:

<liarsmodelcarbuilders.com> and <nnleast.com>

That'll keep ya busy for a while! Maybe you'll join one of the clubs. I'm also a vendor at both shows, please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Welcome again. We'll see ya at the shows, and... ENJOY!! -- Ernie :>)

• 3 months later...