Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 2nd Model EVER. 1971 BRE Datsun 240Z

Metalsoft

Well here she is guys. This kit taught me so much about patience. Nothing fit correctly. But I stayed with it and while she is not perfect by any means, I am very happy.

Only things I did were, full body smooth out, as a race car doesn't have marker lights and what not, and I left off the spoiler because 240Z should not have them. Also went with the yellow headlights as a tribute to the racing class and JDM.

Please let me know what you guys think!

Thanks.

IMG_20160109_141930262_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160109_142001911.jpg

For your 2nd build ever, I'd say you did great!  This is a tough little kit to get together well; it does have some fit issues and takes modifications to get it right.  I'd say you did a first-class job of it; congrats!  Now, what's your 3rd build gonna be?

For your 2nd build ever, I'd say you did great!  This is a tough little kit to get together well; it does have some fit issues and takes modifications to get it right.  I'd say you did a first-class job of it; congrats!  Now, what's your 3rd build gonna be?

All ready ordered! And thank you for the kind words. It really was a pain. Nothing fit right. Bumpers, chassis heck even the window didn't want to go in right. I will be steering clear of Revell from now on.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Metalsoft

Looking at the 240Z in closer detail.....the 'A' Pillar seems to be a bit out of scale....very thick if you know what I mean :blink:

I've just started this kit and I must agree, the A pillar is really out of scale. Haven't decided yet how to fix it without messing up the drain rail moldings.

Nothing fit right. Bumpers, chassis heck even the window didn't want to go in right. I will be steering clear of Revell from now on.

Well. from my understandimg it's simply an old kit, old tooling etc...

I've read great reviews on there newest of releases like the Vette Gasser and Porsche 918 to name a few.  Of course Tamiya is fantastic.

And of course, expert looking build.  I was tempted to get one but it's way advanced for me.

Edited by aurfalien

All ready ordered! And thank you for the kind words. It really was a pain. Nothing fit right. Bumpers, chassis heck even the window didn't want to go in right. I will be steering clear of Revell from now on.

s-l1600.jpg

I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to avoid Revell.  That kit is a re-release of an older tooling.  I've got the stock version, and ran into the same issues.  Most of their recent kits are lovely and go together very well.