Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mid 70s Chevy stepside restoration

• 2 weeks later...

The rain last week got me in the basement so I was able to do a little more on it,wanted to drop a 455 Olds in it but it would require a little more modification so I am going to install the original SBC and make it look like a late 70s motor. Now if I could just find some late 70s small hubcaps that look correct.

100_6841.JPG

Nice project...here's one I did to inspire  you. I used the 84 gmc bed and flip the rear-end to lower it. Also I sanded down the front suspension  where it connects  to the chassis to lower it. I painted with flok acrylic  paints with future floor care as clear. 

20160502_141024.jpg

20160502_141217.jpg

Edited by plasticfrog

• 7 months later...

I like this one so far. When I built mine, it did not have a front suspension setup in it, so I fitted the suspension setup from a Revell '72 Olds Cutlass. I have an unbuilt one in my collection, where I am going to mate it with a fleetside bed from the '84 GMC, and install a 6-cylinder in it, like a friend of mine had. I liked the way that truck drove.