Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mid 70s Chevy stepside restoration

I have a MPC mid 70s stepside that I built in 78 that is getting a restoration and lowered,the front suspension always sat too high in the front when I originally built it so I rigged the rear to match it so today I seperated the front suspension from the frame and ground it and the suspension some so it would be a little lower. I think I am only going to tinker with the suspension right now as I have other projects that I want to finish but needed something to do while paint and glue was drying,I will post some pics after I get it sitting the way I like it and find some better rims.

I think I am going to drop it in the rear a little and having a hard time getting a correct hood,the one i got off ebay is wrong and the one I got doing some trading is better but I think its for the Revel version and I need the tail lights. I know where I can get them if I want to spend some money which might just happen tonight.

Nice stance.I see the lowering of the front for a little raked look.I own a real 74 chev stepside.its rusty everywhere but runs and drives well.and the stance of the real truck,has the same raked look as your 25th scale look..good job dude....Chris 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...