Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why would anyone do this to a new car?

I am more-than over the whole Rat Rod plague ! People --mostly hipster sheep-- will take any-thing to its reductio ad absurdium and then some . Any vehicle that's purposely been "patina'ed" and/or been gifted with a flat or satin black "paint job" is nothing more than a pile of _________ in my mind .

If those more-dollars-than-brains cretins wanted a new(er) Camaro to look like a piece of junk , then why didn't they actually yank one from the junk yard and go to town on it ??? Attention whores !

Edited by 1972coronet
misspellings ...

To me, this doesn't matter at all, GM is cranking out loads of new Camaros everyday and all that's needed to replace a "wasted" one is money.

Maybe not my taste but then I'm not the one that will be driving it.

To me, it is more of a waste to take some vintage tin that has survived well into our ages and make it look like junk on purpouse.

(Cars with real patina is nothing that I have anything against though.)

I am more-than over the whole Rat Rod plague ! People --mostly hipster sheep-- will take any-thing to its reductio ad absurdium and then some . Any vehicle that's purposely been "patina'ed" and/or been gifted with a flat or satin black "paint job" is nothing more than a pile of _________ in my mind .

If those more-dollars-than-brains cretins wanted a new(er) Camaro to look like a piece of junk , then why didn't they actually yank one from the junk yard and go to town on it ??? Attention whores !

you took the words right out of my mouth. But the sad part of this is another someone with more money than brains will come along and buy it. Everything has a price even that pile.

Thanks.       Jeff 

I'm thinking a lot of that 150k went into the engine and mechanicals. The car was built for the 2010 Power Tour.

"Starting with a GM Performance Parts block bored and stroked to 485 cubic inches, the gang ordered up special heads, exhaust and cams, topped with a Bell supercharger that makes the unit good for at least 1,000 hp. " (from Jalopnik).

The distressed "look" is just paint work... nothing a good respray can't fix.

I'm thinking a lot of that 150k went into the engine and mechanicals. The car was built for the 2010 Power Tour.

"Starting with a GM Performance Parts block bored and stroked to 485 cubic inches, the gang ordered up special heads, exhaust and cams, topped with a Bell supercharger that makes the unit good for at least 1,000 hp. " (from Jalopnik).

2010-Camaro-SS-rat-rod-7.jpg

The distressed "look" is just paint work... nothing a good respray can't fix.

They salted the metal to ensure rust started and they kicked dents in the car

I surely don't see $150,000 there. I don't mind an old primered car or a little bit of patina as they call it. But this car isn't a rat rod. He just ruined a new car in my opinion.  Ken

I'm assuming that includes the cost of a car. That engine could easily be $50k or more, the car $50k+. I think you're right, I don't see $150k there. 

"because nobody had the balls to do it".

I think maybe be cause nobody had the mental deficiency to do it, is more accurate.