Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vega Funny Car Spoiler Extension 1/25

Does anyone make a rear spoiler extension for the 70s era Vega funny cars in 1/25? I know comp resins makes a 1/16.... 

I would even take good dimensions. I've tried to make my own but they stink...... Look too thick or too big. Trying to make a jungle jim and setzer vega and it seems they ran with em. 

Any help would be appreciated 

Both the Revell and MPC Vega funny car bodies are almost flat across the rear so trimming to the curve of the body isn't really necessary - could be optional if you want.

0.010" thick would be a little more than scale thickness, but 0.015 is a little easier to work with. - some Evergreen plastic strip .015 x 5/16" would make a spoiler extension panel about 8" tall and you would only have to trim the ends - one way to do it...

Both the Revell and MPC Vega funny car bodies are almost flat across the rear so trimming to the curve of the body isn't really necessary - could be optional if you want.

0.010" thick would be a little more than scale thickness, but 0.015 is a little easier to work with. - some Evergreen plastic strip .015 x 5/16" would make a spoiler extension panel about 8" tall and you would only have to trim the ends - one way to do it...

Thanks a ton. .015 looks a lot better.

• 1 month later...