Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pontiac Club De Mer. Done( more or less )

gtx6970

For now I am calling this one done,,FINALLY.  I want to figure out something to replicate the stars on the fenders and I  plan to use aluminum tubing for the exhaust tips that protrude out the rear valance,,but until then. Off the workbench  In the case it goes .

Its painted with Tamiya aluminum , interior is duplicolor red . Other than some embossing powder for carpet. Its all box stock. At some point, I may try to fix the seam where the ft valance glues on  and touch it up with an airbrush . ( no way to glue to it on 1st  and still build the kit )

Comments good or bad are very welcome. I'm a big boy I can take it. But I already know its not perfect.

This kit leaves a LOT to be desired.,,,,,, especially in accuracy.

ClubDeMer1.jpg

ClubDeMer2.jpg

ClubDeMer3.jpg

ClubDeMer4.jpg

ClubDeMer5.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Thanks fellas,

I'm  drawn to the car because of the uniqueness of it ( plus at one time this was an extremly high dollar model kit )  ,,add  to that its from the same time period as the Lincoln Futura ( which I do like ) . Thats why I decided to build one . Besides it looks cool in between my 1958 and 1960 Bonneville builtups

Very good work - I have one in my "someday" pile; this gives me an idea of what to expect. I just wish there were some underhood or chassis photos of this car (or engineering drawings) but I haven't found any yet.

I'm even friends with Marty Martino who built the "Clone" out of a 1959 sedan . 

Do tell! That car turned out real nice; what factory info did he have? And how is his Chrysler Norseman project coming?

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Very good work - I have one in my "someday" pile; this gives me an idea of what to expect. I just wish there were some underhood or chassis photos of this car (or engineering drawings) but I haven't found any yet.

Do tell! That car turned out real nice; what factory info did he have? And how is his Chrysler Norseman project coming?

Chris , Marty has turned his attention to building a RUNNING , driving copy of the Cadillac Cyclone . He generally comes out of hiding here about April , May as the weather here for Body work is awful now