Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya at 2016 Nuremburg Toy Fair

Got this ELetter from Tamiya today:

The 2016 Nuremburg Toy Fair will be taking place from January 27-Febraury 1, 2016.

Tamiya's massive booth in Hall 7A will be displaying many new product announcements. While we are not able to disclose exact product details, here is a sneak peek.

New 1/14 Semi-truck

New M-Chassis kit

New version of a popular on-road chassis kit

New R/C Hop-Up Option parts for the M-05, TB-04 and EVO 6

New French Model Tank

New Championship winning motorcycle replica

New Italian track only sports car in 1/24 scale

New Mini 4WD products

New paints

Make sure to follow our Blog post on January 27 for the complete listing of NEW items!

The underlined aroused my interest.  Could it be an FXX-K? 

Blog link is http://blog.tamiyausa.com

Edited by Exotics_Builder

I don't suppose it could be the original GTO?

As Fujimi has done a decent 250 GTO recently, along with the previous Italeri and Protar(reboxed Revell AG) versions, I don't think it likely.  I could be wrong, but since Tamiya has done the LaFerrari, an FXX-K would be a good extension.  This would be in the spirit of the previous Enzo-FXX releases.

If they were doing something from that era, I would push for a 250 GT Lusso.

We'll find out in a couple of weeks.  We could all be fooled and it will be a Maserati MC12 :(

Edited by Exotics_Builder

Me, too, but there isn't... ;-(

It's a Giulia TZ2, which they only built 12 of, but it was very successful in its class in 65/66 for a short while before Alfa abandoned the GT class and focused on the Tipo 33.

Of course, I'd like a Tipo 33 Stradale even more, but as the name suggests, that's a street, not racing car, so that's DEFINITELY not what Tamiya is making...

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

I'll have my agents at the fair, as usual. Will post the news as they become available, like I did last year.
So far, not much advance info has transpired, they are all shrouding themselves in silence.
Can't wait for the doors to open...

It's cool and all that the speculation is of older racers.....but how about the newer 458 GT2/3? I know there's a couple TK's and slot cars available but a full kit would be nice. Or, even better, the new 488 GT which is replacing the 458. I'd like to see some modern GT love myself. It seems lately no ones making any current GT cars. Fujimi did the BMW GT3 and the McLaren MP412C, but no one did the Viper SRT, Corvette C7R, Porsche 991 RSR ( slot companies, yes I know, I have some of them). Also Tamiya hasn't done a Japanese Super GT car in awhile either, so personally I'm hoping for something abit more current.

But I'm usually wrong.

David

It's cool and all that the speculation is of older racers.....but how about the newer 458 GT2/3? I know there's a couple TK's and slot cars available but a full kit would be nice. Or, even better, the new 488 GT which is replacing the 458. I'd like to see some modern GT love myself. It seems lately no ones making any current GT cars. Fujimi did the BMW GT3 and the McLaren MP412C, but no one did the Viper SRT, Corvette C7R, Porsche 991 RSR ( slot companies, yes I know, I have some of them). Also Tamiya hasn't done a Japanese Super GT car in awhile either, so personally I'm hoping for something abit more current.

But I'm usually wrong.

David

While I have nothing against a 458 GT3, there was only one team in all of Super GT running one this year with another running a Gallardo (also being Italian). The top division (which has been where their Super GT kits have been focused) was one of 3 makes this year. Honda NSX, Nissan GT-R, or Lexus RS-F.

I'm thinking the FXX-K would be the most likely candidate. 

Edited by niteowl7710

While I have nothing against a 458 GT3, there was only one team in all of Super GT running one this year with another running a Gallardo (also being Italian). The top division (which has been where their Super GT kits have been focused) was one of 3 makes this year. Honda NSX, Nissan GT-R, or Lexus RS-F.

I'm thinking the FXX-K would be the most likely candidate. 

I reckon the Honda NSX might happen later in the year. 

Ben

The beauty of their statement is that is limits the item by very little.  Let's see,  Italian track only.  That would be Lancia, Fiat, Maserati, Alfa, Lamborghini oh, yea and that other company Ferrari.  Since the did a 300SL I would love to see something of the same era and there are really only a couple of hundred to choose from.  Honestly, I cant wait to find out!

The FXX-k would make sense. They have most of the car with the fxx. I was thinking maybe a Lambo gt-3 since they are set to race in IMSA this year.  Any new kit is a good kit!

It wont be a Lambo,   If anyone is going to do a Lambo GT3 , it would be Aoshima. 

Edited by martinfan5