Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Roadrunner

silo1483

Just getting started on a AMT 68 Roadruner, I haven't been very active lately so this is a good build to get me back into the game. Here is a few pictures of what I got started so far.

I drilled and carved out the air vent to the hood and sanded the body down getting it ready to be primed so far

20160112_200542_resized.jpg

20160112_164938_resized.jpg

GREAT kit! I have got one of these in the works, (I'm un-able to air brush right now) SO it sits waiting for red paint! You plan to add a sort-of "Ram Charger" air intake under the hood for the openings?

yeah I feel your pain, I haven't been able to get my airbrush working lately either so I am going to paint with the ol rattle can on this one.  I like your idea for the engine but im going to use the engine from box since I don't have any kits to pick from

yeah I feel your pain, I haven't been able to get my airbrush working lately either so I am going to paint with the ol rattle can on this one.  I like your idea for the engine but im going to use the engine from box since I don't have any kits to pick from

Yeah, I love air brushing, BUT an accident I got in last year messed up my hands to an extent that I'm still healing from. I will however recover and be able to air brush, its not just right now!

As for the Ramcharger part for under the hood, PM me, I have extra ones if your interested!!!!!

I finally got to spray some paint to the body, I used a base coat of Light Gray Metallic from model masters then sprayed of TS-20 Metallic Green from Tamiya for another layer before putting on the final coat. It has been pretty fun and steady, just waiting on some parts to dechrome so I can finish up on my engine and start working on the suspension. Enjoy

20160118_203901_resized.jpg

20160118_203548_resized.jpg

As you know on my post I am  building one also.  I am looking forward to your build and this is a great kit to get back into it again!   It is a pretty good kit at not having to fiddle with much.   

Yeah I'm having fun with it and it's been coming along pretty steadily. Looking forward to seeing yours when it's complete 

• 3 weeks later...