Model Cars Magazine Forum

50' Olds

DeeCee

This is a very nice kit to build, but with the kit wheels / tyres, even after lowering, it sat way too high, so i pulled it apart

and did a wheel sway to Pegasus DZ's, now it sits RIGHT!!  :)

Paint is all Auto Acrylics, and the basis of it all is Ford Viper Purple, ( pics look too blue), with some white faeds.

There are 25 different color stripes on the roof..  

Wow - that's the nicest, most unusual "lowrider" I've ever seen, probably because I don't ever remember seeing a '50 Olds done up that way! And I can't believe it's acrylics - Auto Air, I take it? What did you use as your clear coat? It's very shiny... certainly as good as any lacquer I've seen!

Wow - that's the nicest, most unusual "lowrider" I've ever seen, probably because I don't ever remember seeing a '50 Olds done up that way! And I can't believe it's acrylics - Auto Air, I take it? What did you use as your clear coat? It's very shiny... certainly as good as any lacquer I've seen!

Thanks heaps guys, i am extremely happy with this one. :)

Frank, the colors are duplicolor through the air brush, and clear coat is Valspar Automotive Acrylic clear, and polished with AUTO GLYM   Resin Polish .    

THANKS. :)