Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo Estate

kelson

Finally managed to finish this one!,it fought me all the way!the quality of the kit is awesome,i ended up repainting it 6 times and i'm still not happy with the finish but I just wanted off my work bench!.Paint is Chrysler Electric blue with a couple coats of Duplicolor clear,i left off the rear decals,because one day i'll strip it and repaint it again.thx for looking in.

IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

Looks great, love that blue. I finally built mine late last year after stripping the 20 year old paintjob that failed and I put it back in the box for another day, luckily the new paint came out well. Now these kits are rare, hard to find, and pretty cool to see built! I have fresh decals to build the BTCC wagon I've never started but will build this year.

Looks great, love that blue. I finally built mine late last year after stripping the 20 year old paintjob that failed and I put it back in the box for another day, luckily the new paint came out well. Now these kits are rare, hard to find, and pretty cool to see built! I have fresh decals to build the BTCC wagon I've never started but will build this year.

I've seen your Volvo on another forum and yours looked amazing!i agree these are pricey and hard to find,but build up very nice.Thanks everyone for the compliments!.

Very nice, curtis....if you are really going to rebuild it, I think lowering suspensions would give a even better look.

Congratulations.

I agree the rear sits a little high,something somewhere didn't line up,luckily I have a couple more of these in the stash I can try and troubleshoot with.