Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa Honda N360

niteowl7710

Announced this morning for a tentative March delivery is a brand new 1/24 tooling of the Honda N360 II. This was a kei car that was Honda's next step in mass production automobiles (after the little convertibles) and after a number of years and a larger N600 version it would begat the Honda Civic. The kit comes with parts to build either a base model "S", or the top of the line "Super Deluxe", which included fog lights, rear mudguards, different fender mirrors,  and interior differences. Expect a curbside based on history and price point. ($25-28 depending on vendor)

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig36/10368391b.jpg

Edited by niteowl7710

Oh, nice. Probably be a great little kit - thier Subaru 360 is and I assume this will follow suit...

The Japanese market seems 180 degrees from the US - and I love it! Base model 4 door cars, tiny KEI cars...imagine if Revell announced a 1980 Plymouth Volare four door and a 1985 Oldsmobile Firenza...

Oh, nice. Probably be a great little kit - thier Subaru 360 is and I assume this will follow suit...

The Japanese market seems 180 degrees from the US - and I love it! Base model 4 door cars, tiny KEI cars...imagine if Revell announced a 1980 Plymouth Volare four door and a 1985 Oldsmobile Firenza...

Well neither of those 80's cars are historical vehicles to their companies (hysterical perhaps). The 360 was the first mass produced Subaru, and while the S600 came first for Honda, the N360 was their first "real" car as the little roadsters were considered (while mass produced) limited run sports cars.

Well neither of those 80's cars are historical vehicles to their companies (hysterical perhaps). The 360 was the first mass produced Subaru, and while the S600 came first for Honda, the N360 was their first "real" car as the little roadsters were considered (while mass produced) limited run sports cars.

True that, brother...but these aren't the only kits they make in Japan...plenty run of the mill, non-historic four door and KEI cars in kit form...I am just glad for the variety.

True that, brother...but these aren't the only kits they make in Japan...plenty run of the mill, non-historic four door and KEI cars in kit form...I am just glad for the variety.

Believe me as the owner of several shelves of run of the mill Toyotas & Nissans I know all about that variety.  But then if you look at them, 98% were made as the base for one or more VIP "Tuning House" creations.  For all the talk of Revell needing "x" number of tooling variants to make a project worth while, the Japanese (especially Fujimi & Aoshima) are the masters and beating every nickel out of a piece of tooling they can.

I'd love to have a model of a Honda 360! I owned one when I was stationed in Japan in 1979. It was not repeat not overpowered but it was a lot of fun to drive.

I assume that this will be a curbside model? One with an engine would be wonderful. It looked like the big brother of the Honda 350 motorcycle engine.

Tom Z

I'd love to have a model of a Honda 360! I owned one when I was stationed in Japan in 1979. It was not repeat not overpowered but it was a lot of fun to drive.

I assume that this will be a curbside model? One with an engine would be wonderful. It looked like the big brother of the Honda 350 motorcycle engine.

Tom Z

Tamiya did a 1/18 with engine - been a while since its been tossed in the mold but not hard to find one at a decent price.

• 3 weeks later...