Model Cars Magazine Forum

Full custom '62 Chrysler

Can-Con

1. I'm not a big custom guy. In most cases I prefer the stock proportions and trim.

2. I really like this one. The mods are subtle and could easily have been stock had a different designer been on the job that day. The top chop is particularly good. Well done.

21 hours ago, Jantrix said:

1. I'm not a big custom guy. In most cases I prefer the stock proportions and trim.

2. I really like this one. The mods are subtle and could easily have been stock had a different designer been on the job that day. The top chop is particularly good. Well done.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

• 1 year later...

OK, so ,, 

Got the '67 Pontiac done. 

Time to get back to work on this puppy.

Ya know, I've never been really happy with the paint on this car. It seems to be missing something, even after I foiled the trim and put the windows in. <_<

I really think it needs a bit more paint. ;):D

Edited by Can-Con

• 1 month later...

Been working on the interior.I ground the seat inserts out with my Dremmel and cut the inserts from the door panels with the back of my X-acto and a razor saw.

The new pleated inserts are 1/2 round rod glued to thin sheet stock.  I'll also be putting a new floor in that's a bit deeper than how the part was cast.

IMG 2462

Great project Steve. Can't wait to see it done. 

Your custom body mods look great and really accentuate the car's original lines. Paint job is sweet too.

You don't see enough custom/modified early 60's Mopars. I think they make great platforms for this kind of build.

Edited by Fish_65

• Dave Ambrose changed the title to Full custom '62 Chrysler
2 hours ago, John Goschke said:

The taillights look terrific, along with everything else about this build, Steve.   Maybe I missed it, but what wheels and tires are you running?

I haven't said yet John as I think soon as I unveil my idea it will be copied and I want to be first with the "formula" for the wheels. ?

1 hour ago, randyc said:

I'm just seeing this.  Here's a car that was at the GAA auction this year.   MAybe a little more inspiration to keep plugging away!   Can't wait to see this one done!

MVIMG_20190302_114417865.jpg

MVIMG_20190302_114500083.jpg

MVIMG_20190302_114529194.jpg

Flawless bodywork, tasteful customizing, chopped top and pastel pearl paint ,,,, that has to be a Richard Zocchi car. ??

Him , John D'Agostino  and Rick Dore are my favorite customisers. 

Edited by Can-Con

16 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Flawless bodywork, tasteful customizing, chopped top and pastel pearl paint ,,,, that has to be a Richard Zocchi car. ??

Him , John D'Agostino  and Rick Dore are my favorite customisers.

Agreed!

I really like what you are doing here! I also liked the Astro Supremes you showed at the beginning of this thread but I'm curious about what kind of rolling stock you will choose in the end!