Model Cars Magazine Forum

Full custom '62 Chrysler

Can-Con

So, Finished up the T-bird so back on this one.

Did up the headlights. The bezels are from a Revell '59 Chevy with Lucas lenses.

IMG 2581

IMG 2582

I've also been working on the custom interior between other things over the last few months. The seat inserts aren't quite there yet but they're coming along.

IMG 2583

Hi!

Very unique project.

These kits are rare and difficult to get. And if you find one, a second loan on the home is ofen needed $$$. Your shaded paint job is very nice.

And to say that back then, when the car came out, journalists critiqued that it was just a "carry-over" of the previous design, barring the fins. Notheless, I find it very appealing!

CT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The grille is finished and I'm working on the under hood area and interior.
The long ram intake manifolds were in a junk box I bought at a show for $5. and the valley  cover is foil cast from one in another junk box.
I'm smoothing out the inner fenders and will I try to match the fade on the body.

2v2HHG3Wvx2A694.jpg

2v2HHG3yox2A694.jpg

The interior is almost ready for some paint. I see a couple spots that need a touch more filler.

2v2HHG3N3x2A694.jpg

2v2HHG3jUx2A694.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finished up the firewall.
Kit part with the molded wireing smoothed off, painted to match the rest and "chromed" the master cylinder and heater box with a molotow pen.

2v2HQGWcyx2A694.jpg

And have the interior about 1/2 done.
The pleated inserts will stay pearl white and the rest will be blue.
This is my first time trying to do pipeing on the seats.

2v2HQGWQGx2A694.jpg

2v2HQGWbnx2A694.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the seats smooth enough to paint.

Here you can see how much depth I added to the floor.

Not %100 happy with the shade of blue but it should look OK with the rest of the detailing done and installed in the body.

The silver on the door panels and console is supposed to represent brushed aluminum. You can just barely make out the PE power window switches on the arm rest areas.

IMG 2608

IMG 2607

Here's a couple shots of the finished interior.

I was going to mount the mirror on top of the dash but it would interfere with the windshield.

I put a touch of clear blue on the switches and shift lever to simulate clear plastic pieces.

Looking at the pics now makes me want to go back and tweek the fit of the pleated panels in the doors. 

IMG 2614

IMG 2615

IMG 2616

IMG 2617

• 2 weeks later...