Model Cars Magazine Forum
Tom Geiger

1938 International Pickup - Now $9.99

If you have a Speedway gas station near you, stop in and grab the last of the 2015 Christmas trucks.  international1

These were last at $19.99 and were reduced to $9.99 clearance.  I got three of them at the Hazlet, NJ station.  This is a nice 1938 International pickup in 1/25 scale by First Gear.  It's curbside, no engine and the hood doesn't open.  The doors open and the tailgate operates. It even has tailgate chains.  Nice finish, I can't spot any flaws on the one I've opened.  

international2

It also comes with some interesting accessories.  A big ICE chest, a case marked "Speedy Choice", a case of "Shockwave" soda and two water jugs.  Nice accessories in scale.   Can't beat all this for $9.99!    The eBay ghouls have them for around $30....  rare, sold out, etc

Edited by Tom Geiger

Unusual and neat truck for sure !  The "extras" are worth the price on their own ! Are they available anywhere in Canada?

Certainly wish we had some Speedway stores around here.  :(

I don't know the service area for Speedway. They are new here in PA/NJ,  they took over all the Hess stations.

I was able to pick up a couple of these trucks from Speedway , mostly for the goodies in the box , took the case box  flipped it up side down because of the way its tapered , sanded the top off made the lid from .040 Evergreen stock then added a set of handles from the WW II Jeep to make a cooler out of it

Then fab'd a water cooler from Evergreen stock for the water jugs

Outstanding work, Chris!!  Those look great!