Model Cars Magazine Forum

the problem with dogs...

We have an 8-year old Great Pyrenees (Harley) that still thinks he's a puppy.  I couple of years ago, I was building an N scaled diorama for work involving a Grain Silo (8 silos) when he swiped off the desk and ran off in an effort to get some attention.  Harley is certainly Mommy's baby and garners more attention than everything else in the house combined...that was just him being a huge goofball.  Like your Newfy...excellent guard dog.

Fortunately, I was able to use paper towel tubes to repair the silo's he crushed.

My five year old is never a problem.  She can't wait to start model making.  Any suggestions on a good model to start with? 

We have no cats!

I started with the utter simplicity of the Gowland and Gowland Highway Pioneers line of antique cars, and horse-drawn vehicle kits like a stage coach or chariot when my skills got better. Everything was brush-painted. They were later sold by Revell and now some are Minicraft. Plenty available on eBay.

Edited by sjordan2