Model Cars Magazine Forum

My version of the Revell '29 Ford Model A

1tim1

Painted with Testors one coat lacquer lime ice. Shaved door handles, shaved the body line that runs parallel with the trunk lid, molded in the firewall. Lowered the ride height as much as I could and used wheels from the parts box, not sure what the wheels were from. For the engine I used the carb set up and I wired the spark plugs, along with using photo etch wire looms. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Excellent! Are those tires in the kit? I seem to recall that the ones in the kit are much thinner...

Thanks! These tires and wheels do not come in the kit. I had picked them up at a show for $1.00, they're supposed to be chrome but someone had stripped them, I painted them aluminum. I don't know what kit/kits have them but I believe they're from certain Revell kits. 

Very nice!

Excellent!  :)  Looks great.

Nice build.Thanks for sharing.

Another very good looking and interesting personalized version of this great '29 kit. I really like your contemporary interpretation. The color works very well with the big diameter wheels and molded firewall.

Thanks everyone!