Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished: Dale Jr's Elvis Impala Ss

Tom Sargent

Well I finally got this one finished up, seems like it takes me forever to get anything completed with the 10 month old crawling around the house. (not that i am really complaining, I would'nt trade either of my kids for the world) just not producing much these days.

But anyways those of you that have seen the WIP know that I used a Mike's scale speed shop resin, powerslide decals, and a donor chassis from the kit. All and all not to bad of a conversion, making the windows seemed to give me the biggest fit. Scratch built a tack for it and did a little wiring inside the cockpit, some other minor detailing nothing to crazy just somthing to spruce it up a bit.

Thanks for looking.

Picture006-vi.jpg

Picture007-vi.jpg

Picture011-vi.jpg

Picture008-vi.jpg

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the kind words.

JohnII to answer your question the resin body was great. Very clean cast, no problems you see with some resins. Like I said before my biggest hickup was making the front and rear windows, but only because I had never done it before. The body comes with templates for them I just wanted them to fit perfect so it took me a few trys. Otherwise a very enjoyable build.

Thanks agian. :D