Model Cars Magazine Forum

13 Hours

Danno

I haven't seen this movie yet but upon watching American Sniper I thanked my lucky stars that I have never been put into that situation!  Grand respect for those who have.

I saw both films first day. Both are well done and even handed and need to be seen if you like the freedoms we have.

It is even more important to get out to vote regardless of which political party you belong to. It always dismays me when voter turn out is low.

Now that is a "political" statement we all can agree on. If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about the government we get. No vote? No opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Regardless of whether a political statement was intended or not in "13 Hours", I give my extreme thanks to those who died in that very REAL event, and also to all who have gone in, and ARE in harm's way to preserve our freedoms, those very same freedoms that allow us all to have differing opinions. A movie, or an ulterior motive for such should NEVER demean the sacrifices that have and are being made daily.

Edited by redneckrigger

No matter this is a political hatchet job. They didn't have to give names because the its not too hard to figure out who is being targeted. If there was something criminally done there would have been a special prosecutor and there would have been an investigation.

If we were still a nation of laws and not a nation of men, there would be. :angry:

This is a well made, apolitical film which accurately documents the events of that day. If you haven't served in the military, it's difficult, if not impossible, to understand why these four heroes took it upon themselves to enter hell and try to save those people. It has nothing to do with what administration is in office, who the enemy is or what you're supposedly fighting for. It's all about depending on, and protecting, the only people you can trust, your brothers-in-arms, your fellow soldiers. Toujours Pret.

Ok, I had to wait a bit, take a breath and collect my thoughts before responding here.

You can say it's political, you can say it's not. 

You can shout to the rooftops about "agendas" and implied guilt. 

You can even vow to NOT SEE this movie.

One thing that cannot, must not, be denied is this.

Good men died.

They died so that you, all of you, can safely express your beliefs.   

G

This right here.