Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for any interior and chassis pics of Car Craft magazines yellow 1957 chevy known as Project X. Circa around 1978 to 1980, when it was in the movie Hollywood knights. Working on making a detailed replica of that car that I fell in love with as a kid! Thanks

• 1 month later...

I've looked off an on for a while. ( I have the same project on the short list myself ) and cant find an interior pic that I think is from the same time frame as the movie.. And my magazine collection is much earlier than the time frame the movie was made

So,,,, I am just go to do it  in a black vinyl bench seat and call it good

• 4 weeks later...

I remember seeing where a club did a project with the subject being something like "In The Life Of a '66' Chevelle" where they chronicled the life of a '66 Chevelle (maybe another year, I don't remember, It was red.:P ) going from the first stage of the car to a rebuild to showroom quality to the doomed demize against a tree. :(

I've always thought something similar using the life of the Project X car would be interesting, what with all the Popular Hot Rodding changes through the years, good and bad.<_<

I remember seeing where a club did a project with the subject being something like "In The Life Of a '66' Chevelle" where they chronicled the life of a '66 Chevelle (maybe another year, I don't remember, It was red.:P ) going from the first stage of the car to a rebuild to showroom quality to the doomed demize against a tree. :(

I've always thought something similar using the life of the Project X car would be interesting, what with all the Popular Hot Rodding changes through the years, good and bad.<_<

If it's the one I think it is, it was a '67 Chevelle, all done with the then new Revell kit, or at least parts of it. I seem to recall that the tree wreck wasn't the end of the story, though. IIRC, there was a dirt track car phase, one where it was converted into a farm get-around vehicle (complete with a toilet in place of the driver's seat), finally junked, and one last one showing a garage sale with a few parts of the car in it. I think is was called something like "Larry's Chevelle".

I have always loved Project X. First time I saw it was in the early 80's at a Super Chevy Sunday event at OCIR. Sadly, I never took any pics.

I later saw it in 2004 at another SCS event in Pomona. The car had a tuned port big block at that time.

Not sure what year this picture is from, but I know that Tony Nancy did the interior. Only pic I could find online. They should have left the car alone. Is ruined now.

1957ChevyProjectX_20.jpg

• 1 month later...