Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford F 700 Boom Truck

Great build. Very realistic looking workhorse. Medium duty trucks  are my favorite builds, there are many directions you can go with them.  What's under the hood? A Cat or a SD?

just a old gas burner like the real one..

Great job and great build. This thing is cool. The weathering is perfect and very realistic. Can you tell us more about it, was it a resin kit, scratch built, what chassis donor did you use?

Terry the cab is from missing link resin casters, frame is from the ford 8000, wheels and tires from moluminum model truck parts and the bumper-bed is scratched built

This is a very nice build.  So real...I like the flatbed on the truck with the hidden 5th wheel.  My Grandfather had two of these trucks in his construction business and I used to ride in them with him.  One had a dump box and the other was a stake bed.  I like everything about it!

just a old gas burner like the real one..

F 800's came with 475 gas V8's, same engine family as the 534 found in Ford C series tilt cabs. F 7000's came with cat 636 V8 diesels, same engine found in Louisville kits. The smaller gas engines found in F500 thru F 750's are very similar in appearance to the 70's  AMT Ford F 350  or Mobius '71 F 100 kits.