Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O Needle Nose Pete updated 9/3/16

• 3 weeks later...

not a lot of progress but did manage to fit the narrowed radiator to the chassis. it was a pita !

I also decided to dechrome the grille and glue it to the hood, will paint body color or use bmf.

next up will be the engine, i'm thinking cummins for this one,  non turbo 335.

thanks for the kind words guys !

Looking forward to your build Gino. Have the wheels from moebius the same size as the amt wheels?

here are three , from left to right :

the firestone tires that come with the California hauler kit

the goodyear high miler tires that come in most of the other amt kits

the uniroyal tires that come in the white freightliner kits

the firestones are a bit too narrow but fit. to me the goodyear high milers fit the best, although the uniroyals fit well too.   hope this helps !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

finally made some progress. I need to get this thing out of the granny lane !

after staring at the hood for the last 3 months I decided I wanted a smooth look so I removed the ribbed part on the top of the hood.

I also removed the rivet detail and emblems from the sides. I wanted the grille shell to be molded in too so I worked on that.

for the grille I used the vintage kw coe piece purchased from double take replicas. the grille slats are not straight and are very delicate

I broke three while I was working on it. I may remove them and use a photo etch piece I have or just put in some stainless screen that is in the stash.

the paint is rustoleum sage green that I found at the hardware store. these pics were taken just after I painted it.

maybe this will give me a boost as I haven't felt much like building anything for a while.

Hey Gino!  Good to see this rig being updated.  Rustoleum, what a great idea.  I've read on 1:1 car forums some posts about guys using this brand, even some just brush painting a car with great results after lots of work though.

Hey, now I know where to send my paint projects!  Great looking.