Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2nd QTR 2016

Brett Barrow

Hopefully the H/O will sell well and result in more '70s and '80s cars.  I'd like to see a few Rancheros, Indy Pace Cars, mid-'70s GM intermediates, Mirada and Magnum, Cyclone and Montego GT. 

I wonder if the '48 Ford coupe is an updated IMC kit.  Promos were made of the tudor sedan (Master Caster) and fordor sedan (AMT).  For kits, I think IMC had a convertible, and Revell has the woodie.  It has been a topic well covered.  Why can't we get some other '40s cars like the '40 LaSalle, '41 Buick and Cadillac, and late '40s Pontiac and Olds fastbacks?    

Everyone that is happy for the stock body 48 Ford can thank me!!!!!!!

Why?? Because I just spent a good amount of time and money on old IMC 48 Ford kits, Revell Custom 48 Fords and doing a lot of planning on how to cut them up to make my newest 1/1 car!!!! So perfect timing to release a stock body 48.......you;re welcome!!!

DSC01337.JPG

But is will be great to get the stock 48 body for this kit. I'll buy a few........along with the NASCAR Chevy's....happy the Revell kits are easy to strip......the Olds is cool.......good overall. Thx

INS2.JPG

Edited by Dave Van

I wonder if the '48 Ford coupe is an updated IMC kit.  Promos were made of the tudor sedan (Master Caster) and fordor sedan (AMT).  For kits, I think IMC had a convertible, and Revell has the woodie.  It has been a topic well covered.  Why can't we get some other '40s cars like the '40 LaSalle, '41 Buick and Cadillac, and late '40s Pontiac and Olds fastbacks?    

More than likely a stock coupe body added tot he stock convertible 48 Ford Revell did a few years ago.  The IMC kits is OK at best.....

Edited by Dave Van

Finally the infamous Olds, kit has landed...can't wait to add this one to the stash.
Also ever since I've gotten the book "Police cars a graphic history" by Bruce W. Cameron, back in the late '90s, I kinda hoped for a modified release of their Pro-modeler '48 ragtop...again a must have.
The '30 Ford coup, building options galore...and I'm sure Tim Boyd will be a great ambassador promoting this kit on online fora...
Take it away Tim!

;^)

Anyway..the boys and gals of Elk Grove Village did good.

Everyone that is happy for the stock body 48 Ford can thank me!!!!!!!

Why?? Because I just spent a good amount of time and money on old IMC 48 Ford kits, Revell Custom 48 Fords and doing a lot of planning on how to cut them up to make my newest 1/1 car!!!! So perfect timing to release a stock body 48.......you;re welcome!!!

Dave, sell that IMC kit, now that the news of this release is still hot LOL

Edited by Luc Janssens

Kool beans!  I half-wonder if the flyer model might not have cobbled an IMC body shell to mock up the coupe, but Revell's not really in that sort of habit and the release seems close. Also - 

1)  Revell already has about 70% of the work done in its own previous '48 tooling.

2)  I know there have been published reviewers so can't-find-their-cheeks-with-both-hands-and-a-GPS clueless as to claim Revell has run MPC tooling, but don't be confused - IMC tooling was most recently run by Lindberg and Lindberg models are now being released under Round2's aegis.  So Revell running an IMC kit? Verrrry unlikely.

Special Edition for the Olds, huh? Wonder how that jives with the simplified model in the plan circulating earlier.   The model in the flyer don't look half-bad...

I was hoping the 30 coupe would be Q2. I will get several.

Tempered excitement over the 48 Coupe. The stock convertible was a really nice kit, and the chopped coupe was a great parts kit. Hopefully they get the body right on this stock sedan.

Good looking group of releases. Thank you Revell

Glad they are not going to make us wait years to get the coupe version of the '30 A. Wonder what else in the kit is diff from the roadster?

OK, we be happy! But..... PLEASE consider something like a '48- '49 Cadillac? That would be SO fine! 

----CADILLAC 1948 kustom 01.jpg

I wonder if the '48 Ford coupe is an updated IMC kit.  Promos were made of the tudor sedan (Master Caster) and fordor sedan (AMT).  For kits, I think IMC had a convertible, and Revell has the woodie. 

Sounds like you've never seen the IMC or Revell 48 kits lol.

Great. Now lets see if Revell actually gets the Olds on the shelves this time. How many, many, many people claimed to buy them all. Hopefully. 

I still need the IMC 46 Ford trim and grille parts......but happy I do not have to deal with that multi-part body!!!

the 29 roadster has 46 hubcaps,you need only the 46 parking lights (that your car is missing) and trunk lid trim I think. it'd be easy to add the lines to the upper grill  bar.   

I'm pleased to see te stock roof but....The windshield area on the model looks different than yours Dave...hope it's just a bad picture of the kit.

Edited by mike 51

the 29 roadster has 46 hubcaps,you need only the 46 parking lights and trunk lid trim I think. 

The windshield area on the model looks different than yours Dave...hope it's just a bad picture of the kit.

The top  grille bar is different for 46 as is the hood ornament.....and thankfully the IMC kit has them.  My 1/1 cars trunk is smooth.  I would like to add the stock bumpers back on mine too but they are costly!

I hope the 48 police car pic is a quick photoshop and not what we will get. thx!

Edited by Dave Van

One of my best Christmas 2015 presents was when Ed told me last month that they were going to include the '30A Coupe in the next round of announcements.  

I'll need to check back with Revell to see if it's OK to give a detailed list of the kit content that is new, but I can say this right now.  If you guys liked the Roadster kit, I think you're gonna love the Coupe kit.

Cheers....TIM