Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2nd QTR 2016

Brett Barrow

Makes me wonder, do some of the Olds kits come with Chevy engines or Buick engines? LOL

I think that was primarily V6-equipped models . V8 engines ; the Buick , Olds , and Pontiac ( "BOP" ) engines appeared unique from their non-related Chevrolet small V8 . But , you do have a point ! Ha ha ha . The pending Olds kit has an "Olds 307" .

When I was a sheriff's deputy, we had a fleet of '76 Oldsmobile Cutlass sedans that were assigned to the detectives and staff officers.  They had wimpy little V6s, and they had a hard time running fast enough to stay out of their own way.  We called each of them a "Gutless Cutlass."

Edited by Danno

I think I read somewhere the Olds will be out in March,  The 30 Ford won't be out till June

No way the Olds will be out in March, it would already have to be on the water from China.  Odds are it won't be out in the 2nd Qtr either, which runs through July, given Revell's track record of the last 3 -4 years. And that's not a knock on Revell, it's just hard to get things out on schedule these days all things considered.  

No way the Olds will be out in March, it would already have to be on the water from China.  Odds are it won't be out in the 2nd Qtr either, which runs through July, given Revell's track record of the last 3 -4 years. And that's not a knock on Revell, it's just hard to get things out on schedule these days all things considered.  

I saw the test shot about two weeks ago (not allowed to photograph it).  I suspect third quarter some time.  No hard facts, just suspicion. 

When I was a sheriff's deputy, we had a fleet of '76 Oldsmobile Cutlass sedans that were assigned to the detectives and staff officers.  They had wimpy little V8s, and they had a hard time running fast enough to stay out of their own way.  We called each of them a "Gutless Cutlass."

318ci, max speed (downhill, down wind-hurricane force that is, gas pedal buried)=75 mph.  There was a Twin-sonic light bar too but it didn't slow the t**d down at all.  When you have the aerodynamic qualities of a barn door, you really can't be effected by a light bar.

Volare%20SW_zpsq80rjjkt.jpg

Borderline insubordination after being ordered by a sgt to take it for the shift.  Having said that, I'd be OK with a model of this POS as I could then stomp it flat.  Holy Cow, the 70's sucked as far as cars went.

Edited by The Junkman

DaveVan, don't know if anyone yet has thanked you for having all of those IMC Ford kits, but I will! Got a few more for you to buy if that is what it takes!!!

LOL!!! Because my 1/1 car is a 46 Ford I still need the IMC kits for Grilles and hood trim....so all is good.......not sure what I will do with otherwise complete 48 Ford kits!!! But if thats what it took to get  a new 46-48 coupe......I'm OK!! 

318ci, max speed (downhill, down wind-hurricane force that is, gas pedal buried)=75 mph.  There was a Twin-sonic light bar too but it didn't slow the t**d down at all.  When you have the aerodynamic qualities of a barn door, you really can't be effected by a light bar.

Volare%20SW_zpsq80rjjkt.jpg

Borderline insubordination after being ordered by a sgt to take it for the shift.  Having said that, I'd be OK with a model of this POS as I could then stomp it flat.  Holy Cow, the 70's sucked as far as cars went.

I feel the same way about Volare's.  My parents bought me one right after my beloved Skylark bit the dust.  Hated that thing from the word go.  I went from a car that had a 350 and a TH400 transmission to a "Super" slant six.  Ugly grey/silver with a red interior.  I'd either build and stomp it or see how many firecrackers it would hold.

• 4 weeks later...

Hobbylinc already shows the 91 f-350 duallie "available late april"...gonna pick a couple of these up so I don't have to keep searching ebay for an overpriced dually any more.

...and it's only $21.99 :wub:

Edited by CFMgarage

Hobbylinc already shows the 91 f-350 duallie "available late april"...gonna pick a couple of these up so I don't have to keep searching ebay for an overpriced dually any more.

...and it's only $21.99 :wub:

Plastic Models.com has them for $21.95 and if you are going to order 2 of them, you can get free shipping!  Use coupon code 01A13.

Plastic Models.com has them for $21.95 and if you are going to order 2 of them, you can get free shipping!  Use coupon code 01A13.

Thank you so much, that is awesome!!!! I like the plastic model and hobby websites and prefer them over amazon so I'll always try to give them my business first ( unless I drive an hour and a half for a LHS).

Edited by CFMgarage

I need to go ahead and throw in a question here for the experts....  this Camaro is shown as a Special Edition, which is usually a skill level 3 with the higher parts count.  This intrigues me, but maybe I'm missing something.  I'm about to finish my 2nd of the 67 Camaros, which are great kits.  I've built 2 69s previously as well.. the SS396 Convertible and the COPO.  To my knowledge, I've never seen a Revell 69 Camaro classified as a Level 3... all of the various iterations I've seen have been Level 2.  Has Revell ever put out a 69 Camaro that was listed as a Level 3 kit before?  And, if not, does that mean this is a new tool with more detail parts to it?

I need to go ahead and throw in a question here for the experts....  this Camaro is shown as a Special Edition, which is usually a skill level 3 with the higher parts count.  This intrigues me, but maybe I'm missing something.  I'm about to finish my 2nd of the 67 Camaros, which are great kits.  I've built 2 69s previously as well.. the SS396 Convertible and the COPO.  To my knowledge, I've never seen a Revell 69 Camaro classified as a Level 3... all of the various iterations I've seen have been Level 2.  Has Revell ever put out a 69 Camaro that was listed as a Level 3 kit before?  And, if not, does that mean this is a new tool with more detail parts to it?

Revell changed the kit ratings last year sometime,  long story short, skill level 5 is what a level 3 kit was.............I believe.

Edited by martinfan5

Revell changed the kit ratings last year sometime,  long story short, skill level 5 is what a level 3 kit was.............I believe.

Yep, 

1. Simple "build and play" snaps
  2. Snap-tite kits with higher parts count (old Level 1)
  3. Glue kits with pre-painted bodies
  4. Glue kits with fewer than 120 parts (old Level 2)
  5. Glue kits with more than 120 parts (old Level 3)

• 2 weeks later...

'

Yep, they started arriving last week, along with the 2017 Ford GT snapper.

Thank you, she brought it home Monday night and I played with the body drooling over it for an hour, took ALL the stuff out of the box to check it out, and luckily felt something sliding down my leg (I'm still bed bound after surgery in January) and looked down just in time to see the tire bag slipping slowly away, it was being very carefully taken by our sneaky little two and a half year old miniature Dachshund, he got busted and luckily hadn't started chewing yet, this is the dog that it took us six months of buying every indestructible toy made before we finally found one he couldn't destroy in less than an hour. So I put the bags back in the box and marveled at the body, and for those that have seen the pictures and wondered about that Stinger hood scoop, it doesn't run onto the front header panel like it does in the artwork for the box, they probably never changed anything, but I don't remember my first issue of this body being so clean, I haven't found a body mold line that really need anything other than a pass or two of 800 paper, the worst one is across the upper rear edge of the deck lid, and the spoiler will cover that if I don't want to mess with it. Not really excited about the decals for the seat inserts, to me it's asking a lot for decal setting solution to get these to snuggle down into the molding on the seats and I don't think without setting solution they will even work enough to look right, but I'm sure someone who will prove me wrong. The other minor thing is that the air injection pump for the emissions control will have to be removed from the belt assembly and a small piece of styrene strip cut to fit in the place between the lower pulley and the alternator, the two four barrel carbed cars didn't have the air injection pump in place from the "factory". And a car with aftermarket tubular headers would be extremely rare to have an operational one still in place, most of the small block, and even the big block guys who had cars with them from the dealer took them off and stuck them in the garage. I came across the ones for my 2.8 Mustang II we built a strong motor for, and it was a pain to do all the work to hook one up to the four barrel manifold, also found three of them off the 2.3 Pinto's we had. Us old racers are almost as bad as a modeler about never getting rid of anything, and my wife says it's really bad when you have an old racer who also builds models, our parts boxes are much bigger.

Edited by horsepower