Model Cars Magazine Forum

2016 Italeri Releases

Mmm...Ford Transit...sweet.   It would be neat if one of the companies would tool up the current Transit, since it's sold and built in the US also now...

It could happen, but only when people think it's cool again, driving Vans with shag carpet, glitter ball and metal flake paint work.

;^)

YES!!!! The Transit is back!!!

Yes, this is going to be a reissue of the Esci 84 Transit, not released in 30 years. Italeri and Revell have both reissued old Esci kits before.

Italeri did the Ranger Rover Paris Dakar, Gälendewagen Paris Dakar, Land Rover,Toyota Land Cruiser (as the Armed Pickup), Fiat 131 Rally and the Renault 5 Alpine rally and maybe some more that I have forgotten.

Revell did the Gälendewagen Fire Brigade and the Mercedes 190E and possibly others aswell.

I will buy several Transit vans when they arrive and I will build a custom van out of at least one of them. I also hope that some aftermarket company will make a mk1 resin conversion kit for it.

• 2 weeks later...