Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt Hits A Double With New Ford Kits.

An all new tool of the '62 Ford with racing parts and the new glue on chrome trim that allows building base line models up to the Galaxie 500, including the new for '62 XL's, highlights one of the two April releases from the new AMT. There's even the molded in post and window frame detail, easily trimmed out for the hardtop version. Check out the long whip antenna and "bubble gum machine" roof light. And with the "boxtop" body style, removing the roof for a Sunliner couldn't be easier. There's even a "boot" and sunvisors included. Did I say double? Looks like a home run to me.

62FORDpost.jpg

And the all new tool '61 Starliner, based on the excellent '60 Ford kit also comes with all the Holman Moody goodies and Barris custom parts in addition the showroom pieces to makes this new 3-in-1 a must have. Add new design glue on side trim and decals for Nelson Stacy's Southern 500 winner and you've got the makings of a real classic.

stacypost.jpg

As with all posts by this author caveat emptor

• 2 weeks later...

I have a nice 60' Starliner on the shelf. I think I shall build a 61 and 62 to go along with it. Great "New" kits. It's awesome that they include all the parts to build it several different ways, including a convertible.

Rudy

Is this for real or just a cruel hoax? I've been wanting a '61 Starliner for ages, and the '62 Sunliner would be icing on the cake. Please tell me this is real.

I just finished up an original '61 Starliner kit I bought back in 1975. Rescued it from a badly painted, customized built-up.

I tried to post a picture of it, but I'm not sure if it worked. Hmmmm.

post-237-1207776701_thumb.jpg