Model Cars Magazine Forum

finnegan's 55 chevy

well photo explains it

IMG_0483[1].JPG

you did an excellent job doing Finnegan's car. I like it and keep up the great work. Good to see that you know what his car looks like as a lot of so called  ( car nuts ) have never even heard of him or the car. But I see that you as well as me read real car magazine's and know what the 1/1 car is and looks like cause you duplicated it perfect. Thank you.       Jeff 

• 6 months later...

Great.

Is Mike Finnegan some kind of rock star?  lol. Maybe an Irish.....wait a minute, I just googled the name.  OK, a hot rod guy.

Geez, I'm so old and uninformed it makes others sick.  Me lady still loves me though....

My view is, this thread sucks, and I don't get it at all.

What kind of a model is this supposed to be?

Someone later on posted pics of a possible rendition, thanks for this entry.  The car is actually interesting, my opinion.

So Joseph, what's going on dude?

Great.

Is Mike Finnegan some kind of rock star?  lol. Maybe an Irish.....wait a minute, I just googled the name.  OK, a hot rod guy.

Geez, I'm so old and uninformed it makes others sick.  Me lady still loves me though....

My view is, this thread sucks, and I don't get it at all.

What kind of a model is this supposed to be?

Someone later on posted pics of a possible rendition, thanks for this entry.  The car is actually interesting, my opinion.

So Joseph, what's going on dude?

Mike Finnegan and David Freiburger host a TV show called Roadkill. They both work for Hot Rod magazine and Motor trend.  The show is my favorite, these guys do things to cars that I thought only I did (put a Chevy 4.3L V6 boosted by a Ford Powerstroke diesel turbocharger in a Datsun Z).  You can see them on Netflix season 1 only and all episodes are on youtube. If your into cars at all, Watch them! I've included the link to the youtube page, its a list of all the episodes.

Finnegan's 55 Chevy is a rusted out body with a gasser chassis, fiberglass hood and a big old Hemi. Finnegan first saw a car like this in a movie called "2 lane blacktop" from 1971. I'm sure we've all seen it.

Joseph I love this car and have plan to make my own. I hope to do the Blasthemi before paint or fiberglass hood. (Sorry pic of a pic.)

Just awesome work keep it going!

IMG_2170.thumb.JPG.13e2cfaefd25479a9f38b

Again great work on the car.

Jonathan