Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes 300SL

Brianl

We only have a small club, a dozen or so members but they produce some awesome models

Richard's Mercedes 300SL by Tamiya is one of the best. Moulding & detail on the kit is superb.

Richard said the kit was probably Tamiya's best. Colour is Tamiya Titanium Silver which brings up the lines beautifully.

Check out the badgework & the hubcaps (hand painted). I took a lot of photos because it looked so good & I couldn't decide on the best so you got the lot!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have .

Brian

Very nice build.  Super clean and well presented.  Love this kit.

A couple of the photos show the one mistake that I think Tamiya made with this kit.  You can see the seat backs are hollow through the rear window.  I don't understand why Tamiya would go to all the efforts that they did and not give you a simple panel to fill in the back of the seat.  Another option would be to include the custom luggage that you could get with the real car. 

luggage.jpg

One small oversight in the kit... It has radio speakers in the door jambs but no radio. Very simple to fix - just check out a dashboard image and you can make your own (it hangs under the middle of the dash in a leather/Tex covered mount).

PS. The antenna would be installed in the top right cowling at the corner of the hood. Here's a Becker Mexico from a Gullwing

GW%20beckerRA1%20copy_zpstcqsyql6.jpg

Edited by sjordan2