Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 2016 CAMARO SS

migace

I have it listed as the Chevy SS, but a Camaro would probably make more sense given their history of Camaros.  I'll have to check when I get back to work Mon to see what it really is. I'll assume it's a Showroom Replica until I hear otherwise. These are unassembled promos that Round2 licenses from the factory. I havent gotten any indication that they're developing a new car kit of their own design yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be interested to see if it's FULL full detail, or "full" detail the way the Revell pre-painted kits turned out to be. Impossible to tell from the way that pile of sprues is orientated. Although that body has a rapid prototype texture to it rather than injection molding, and why would you need that if you were in effect pulling a 90s AMT/Ertl annual in so much as adding an engine to the existing tooling of a promo. I'm in for one regardless, although my preferences lie without metal axles.

If it is a "real" model kit (for lack of a better term) when will the wailing and gnashing of teeth fall upon us from on high that they wasted their money on their first new tool by making some ugly icky new car rather than "insert obscure 1960s baselinemobile or 1970s land yacht here" and/or fixing existing problems with "insert long list of pet project model kits that should really been done as entirely new kits rather than tweaking 50 year old tooling"?

Although that body has a rapid prototype texture to it rather than injection molding, and why would you need that if you were in effect pulling a 90s AMT/Ertl annual in so much as adding an engine to the existing tooling of a promo.

I suspect the texture you're seeing is from tool marks from hand work done inside the mold and it hasn't been polished yet. This isn't a final test shot.