Model Cars Magazine Forum

TAT Transtar 5 Car Hauler (Update Jan. 21, 2017) Almost Done

Got it pretty much assembled, now.....Upper and lower racks installed along with hydraulic rams and safety guides (or whatever their called).....About all there is left is to add some tool boxes, Texas bumper, and maybe some chains and other adornments.....And, of course, some cars...... :D Man, this is a fun build....I don't know why it took so long for me to get motivated to do this one.......Anyway.....

Looks really good, I really like the style it has, exudes old school. In addition to what you said, I'd add some other details like DOT numbers and not for hire decals, With all that, it should look awesome.

Looking good, J.T.! Did u borrow the RED Mustang for the photo shoot ! LOL

JT excellent build as usual will look good with 3 more cars on it. 

Looks great in orange as always! Love your work jt

Thanks Boys.....

Yeah, Joe....I'm going to add those DOT numbers and such.....That's a good idea.....

I'll be populating it with some new builds soon enough......Had to see what it looked like with a car or two, you know.....

Again, thanks Guys for y'all's input.... :D

After stepping back a little and checking it out, I noticed it was a little long at the back end.....I had to chop a little off to make it look a little more balanced.....So, I brought out the old razor saw and set to hacking it off.....Well, then I thought the very piece I took off the back would look good on the front......To my surprise, I think I was right......This is the way it sits, now.......

20170114_1313162_zpsh7fynmot.jpg

20170114_1313222_zpsqbmyrvcw.jpg

20170114_1313272_zpscg7cglc6.jpg

I think this is gonna do it......

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks Gentlemen.....I have had a tremendous amount of fun doing this one......I shall leave you all with one final update till I shoot this thing outside....Got it loaded up and ready to go for it's first delivery......We'll see what it gets for the next one.......Thanks for following this one, once again.....