Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any luck with Speedway Decals?

So, just before Thanksgiving, I inquired with Speedway Decals about a custom job, and got an immediate response from Thomas Logan, the proprietor, saying that he'd look into my job and get back to me a few days later. I figured the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays would get in the way, so didn't think it was unusual that I didn't receive a timely response, but now I'm at the end of January and I have received no response to any of my follow-ups.  

Has anyone had any problems with Speedway? Has communication been an issue?  In your experience, do custom jobs take a long time? I'm pretty patient, and I know as a builder, I can all get sidetracked easily, maybe that's what happened to Thomas.  Thanks in advance for your input. Bernard

Edited by BVC500

He did about 4 sheets of custom decals for big rig doors, a couple of delivery sedans and 2 sets for a fire truck, in 1/25 scale for me about 5 months ago.

Took a couple of weeks to get the designs and colors the way I wanted them and then he immediately printed them off....great decals with sharp borders and color and they lay down real nice.

Like Jamie says he is tied up during the week but he does get the stuff done.  I found communication with him to be great.