Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rubber Duck Mack {AITM}

Brian thank you for the information and pictures. That hood open pic is worth its weight in gold !

Dave - thank you for the offer.

Rich - Thank you, I value your opinion and I have decided to leave the tanks as they are.  Too much of the Domino effect.

Besides my Wife says Black is a "slimming color" :lol:

Nice work. I've seen the restored truck and trailer in person at the 2008 ATHS annual convention. I should still have the pix I took if you would like them. Also, I downloaded the photo211561956741_0_0.thumb.jpg.086dd2f33eabc211044472709_0_0.thumb.jpg.e6df2b15de373211561574917_0_0.thumb.jpg.55a8aa029bea4 from the owner's website that had the measurements for the trailer as well if needed.I have to find that one. If I still have it I will share it. It's a 1960 Trailmobile asphalt tanker.

Edited by SpreadAxle

I was able to crawl around the Duck mack in about 2008 or so in St. Louis.  The trailer that is attached is one of two trailers used in filming and still shows the damage from the jail scene. I thought I had the dimensions for it, but can't seem to find it in my files.

Here's a linky to all the pics I have from the movie, models and such.  None of the kits are mine, just downloaded for reference.  And sorry about the ordering.  Really want one of these AITM kits now...

DSCN2850.JPG

Edited by Murphy's Law

Sean,

You are doing some really nice work on this build. What color do you use on your tires? I started using Tamiya Nato Black For airbags. And I am thinking it will look good on the tires as well.

Be Well

Gator

This is a great thread of information due to all the posted pictures and reference's thank you for all the contributions.

Gator - Tamiya Nato black is an excellent color for tires and airbags.

Mark - If I was to do it again I would find a R model and scratch build the hood and other items. ;)

Terry - I really liked the movie truck , but not so much the model as it is really hard to give so much black definition without it looking like a black blob.

Chris - Thank you for the trailer specs.

I am still making forward progress, the cab is painted black and drying which seems to take forever as it shows any flaw - smudge, fingerprint way more then any color.

Thank you all for input and comments  :)

Rich - the tires are resin and painted.  That is my trademark tire color from building aircraft models with resin tires years ago.

Sean,

You are doing some really nice work on this build. What color do you use on your tires? I started using Tamiya Nato Black For airbags. And I am thinking it will look good on the tires as well.

Guys, with the fear of possible infringement on Sean's Trademark, you might want to try Black Primer from Vallejo,  pretty good looking tire paint.

Why so secretive?

• 5 months later...