Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Cameo Pro Touring build UPDATE 2-23-16

Very nice! Paint looks super smooth. Well done.

This is a awesome project. I love the smoothed out body the low stance .Your wheel treatment is cool .

That orange really pops.Oh and I like the way you did the bed floor.

Be Well

Gator

Thanks guys! It's definitely been the longest project I've worked on.

Here is a mock up to show the gloss even without clear coat.

2016-02-08 20.14.34.jpg

Congrats on a fine looking pickup! The paint is bang on along with stance and the cleanliness of the modifications and build. A great addition to your stable.

Cheers Misha

Thanks! Although I  haven't worked on this one in a while, I did last night. It has hit a stand still....all the mods for the SSR Interior were for nothing. The body will not sit all the way down in the rear so it isn't touching the frame...causing the bed side bodylines to not line up...so its off to the junkpile for that interior. Will have to use the 55 interior. :(

Nice work.  How much of a gap is there?  If its not too bad you may be able to take saome off tge front part of the interior so it will fit properly.

About 2 to 3 mm gap...I took as much off as possible in all areas. If I took anymore the air buffer would burn through the floor pan, lol.

Edited by lghtngyello03

Got the dash two toned tonight. Still have to detail it, I have a decal on the way for the gauges as well.

Also test fitted all the glass...fits like a glove when it's pushed in right.  Still have to paint the edges of the glass for the gaskets. 

Also is a teaser of the truck with the bed mocked up. Fitment is perfect! Engine cover is unpainted as I dunno which way to go with it. I'm stuck between black with orange in the middle, gunmetal with orange in the middle, or the tan of the interior with orange in the middle.

Also I think I'm going to move the battery off of the firewall and smooth it up.

2016-02-18 22.08.26.jpg

2016-02-18 22.37.05.jpg

2016-02-18 22.37.49.jpg

2016-02-18 22.38.59.jpg

2016-02-18 22.38.40.jpg

Edited by lghtngyello03

Coming together nicely. Nice recovery from interior problem.

One suggestion for kitbash project is o uses Ailenes tacky glue the is a quick set version. Takes a little time to dry but you can do mock ups and check the fit on all parts. A little warm water will help soften it up so the pieces can be gaken apart and painted. Definitely helps keeps issues from creepjng into the biilds.

Coming together nicely. Nice recovery from interior problem.

One suggestion for kitbash project is o uses Ailenes tacky glue the is a quick set version. Takes a little time to dry but you can do mock ups and check the fit on all parts. A little warm water will help soften it up so the pieces can be gaken apart and painted. Definitely helps keeps issues from creepjng into the biilds.

Thanks so much! Since I have started back building I couldn't find anywhere what everyone was using for mock up fittings. So I was using tape or putty, and it didn't work well.  I see there is a Fast Grab and a Turbo version of these. The Fast Grab says it will adhere on contact, and the Turbo version says it dries in under 35 min. Ever used either of those?

Will the Fast Grab allow parts to come apart in hot water as well?

Edited by lghtngyello03

Here's a little update. Got the window gaskets painted, the dash detailed, the engine cover painted but still have to detail the letters, the air box/intake tube fitted correctly, and radiator hoses fitted. Also got the bed assembled and the BMF on the bed trim. Last truck build for a while, lol that bed was a PITA to put together. Pay no attention to the battery on the firewall....since this pic I have cut the box off and am in the process of shaving the firewall and repainting it.

20160223 212116

20160222 192941

20160223 204536

20160223 204503

I am really liking this . Your paint job looks great.The interior is impressive I like the stance and the motor looks great.Nice job!

Be Well

Gator

Thanks! Taking a little break from this one as it has tried my patients over the last couple of days. Doesn't like too much more to be finished, just have to get some more clear orange and mica silver paint to redo the firewall and hood.