Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hmm, another brass-era Model T I'm going to have to have, I think!

Art Anderson

The fire"truck" is 1/24. The 1917 WWI model T ambulance on the same catalog page is to be 1/35 armor scale.

I hadn't bought the previous two 1/24 Model Ts, but the light commercial ones talk to me!

I love both!  How can we persuade them to do the ambulance in 1/24 also?  We do live in interesting times!  

Has anyone seen any thing about the Tonka Kits?

I've wanted them, but they go for Stupid $$$ when they can even be found. I've always wanted that Winton. Where the heck did the tooling for these kits go?

I have never heard where or if the tooling is still around. Being owned by a toy company tool disposition is a little different.....they are in the habit of scraping old tooling faster than kit companies. It could be sitting at a tooling company of it it went over seas it might be part of that Subaru you saw today! 

• 6 months later...

This kit popped up on the Japanese vendor lists this morning with an "After November" release date.  ICM usually distributes globally to all locations at the same time (as opposed to RevellAG kits hitting Europe 45 days before the U.S., or the 4-6 month lag between U.S. releases and their Asian distribution). So you will probably be able to ring in the New Year with a new fire apparatus.  

With the exception of Squadron who occasionally firesales ICM kits, the cheapest way to get their kits continues to be via Ukrainian distributors on eBay.

Not sure if everybody knows this - but the Model T in the TONKA "Four-Alarm Call" kit isn't really a fire truck and doesn't have any fire equipment.  It's just a basic 1913 Model T Touring Car, molded in red.  It does have an engine, and some other nice details. And 4 firefighter figures.

I found that kit cheap at a local flea market, with the real wood and glass display case.  Untouched with all inner bags sealed, but in a pretty ratty box.

Here's Anthony Hazelaar's great build of the TONKA kit:

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/tonhazelaar/wwwhome/model-t-1908-1927.html

1913Touring-fvl.jpg

Edited by Mike999
Error